kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers [Aug 02 - Aug 04, 2024] | Actuals | 96.81M DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 22.80M TWISTERS | 15.45M TRAP

I can't believe how many spoilers are allowed in the weekend numbers thread. When I was here full time we had a hard and fast rule that the weekend numbers threat had no spoilers in it whatsoever.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Kon said:

To be fair, it would be weird to complaint about romance in a rom-com like Elemental.

In action/adventure movies, there seems to be a current idea that strong female characters shouldn't have romance. This is likely because female characters were associated with romance too much in the past (not to mention the cases where they were only love interests).

I think the problem with hollywood is that people look at movies as an escape not some battleground around such topics.

People want to see a character kick ass, and have relationships with cool nice characters and be interesting. 

1 hour ago, wildphantom said:

The Marvels failed as it required you watch a tv series that most of the audience hadn’t even seen yet.  It was the best example of how linking storylines in with television was a recipe for disaster.  

And then Disney decided to do it again with their next Star Wars movie! It's kinda crazy to think about it.

I mean, people generally do love Mando (myself included), and maybe Disney thinks that plus baby Yoda is hook enough, but damn that's risky after The Marvels.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

And then Disney decided to do it again with their next Star Wars movie! It's kinda crazy to think about it.

I mean, people generally do love Mando (myself included), and maybe Disney thinks that plus baby Yoda is hook enough, but damn that's risky after The Marvels.

Rght now Disney is desperate to get any SW film project going which is understandable. They might be dreading the damage TROS did to the SW brand.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, baumer said:

I can't believe how many spoilers are allowed in the weekend numbers thread. When I was here full time we had a hard and fast rule that the weekend numbers threat had no spoilers in it whatsoever.

If you go to youtube everything in D&P is getting spoiled with clips. These days if you don't go on the opening weekend you risk peopled spoiling everything for you from a film.

1 minute ago, Mojoguy said:

If you go to youtube everything in D&P is getting spoiled with clips. These days if you don't go on the opening weekend you risk peopled spoiling everything for you from a film.

Not only that but the clips are rather decent quality too. 

1 hour ago, oMeriMombatti said:

Why are there Twisters spoilers in this thread? I was looking ahead to it's digital release.

I never really think of it as a spoiler, for me spoilers are always related directly to plot points. That’s why i was talking freely about it, so i’m sorry for that. 

15 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

13 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Not only that but the clips are rather decent quality too. 

It's a weird world we live in where a camrips are now pretty good quality. I saw D&W on it's Saturday. But I already had everything spoiled by TikTok.

Not that I cared, but if this was happening in 2019 with Avengers: Endgame I would have been pissed.

Edited by ringedmortality
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Yeah I know spoilers are all over the internet but theres also people here who haven't seen the film and have avoided spoilers. And I'm not really talking about Deadpool anyway I was talking about twisters.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

Yeah I know spoilers are all over the internet but theres also people here who haven't seen the film and have avoided spoilers. And I'm not really talking about Deadpool anyway I was talking about twisters.

Twisters has already three weekends in USA. I'm confused that revealing something about that movie could still be considered spoiler.

Edited by Kon

Basically if you don’t go opening weekend (sometimes opening day) to see a movie you don’t want any spoilers for, well you’re going to have to come off the internet more or less.  Especially social media. It’s almost become a discipline of sorts, and it’s not easy as we’re all so used to casually refreshing feeds and forums etc.  

@baumer is right though. Weekend thread should be safe from spoilers for a good few weeks.  

Edited by wildphantom
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

It's a weird world we live in where a camrips are now pretty good quality. I saw D&W on it's Saturday. But I already had everything spoiled by TikTok.

Not that I cared, but if this was happening in 2019 with Avengers: Endgame I would have been pissed.

You just have to disconnect completely from socials if you really want to avoid spoilers. Can't expect everyone to keep their lips sealed for your sake.

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, oMeriMombatti said:

Why are there Twisters spoilers in this thread? I was looking ahead to it's digital release.

Another example why they shouldn't rush to digital release. It is causing BO leakage because people who don't want to be spoiled are now 'allowed" to have the access to the movie early enough to avoid spoiler too.

16 minutes ago, AniNate said:

I'm not sure what the Twisters spoiler was but I feel like you're just calling more attention to it publicly complaining about it at this point

Yeah, i didn’t even considered it a spoiler otherwise i wouldn’t say. I simply thought is was fine to talk about a cut scene, i saw it 4 weekends ago. 

Still i get it it could’ve been avoided and i apologized, i don’t know what else people want 

Edited by ThomasNicole

1 minute ago, titanic2187 said:

Another example why they shouldn't rush to digital release. It is causing BO leakage because people who don't want to be spoiled are now 'allowed" to have the access to the movie early enough to avoid spoiler too.

wat?

5 minutes ago, Kon said:

Twisters has already three weekends in USA. I'm confused that revealing something about that movie could still be considered spoiler.

There's nothing to be confused about. This is the weekend number thread. Spoilers, plot or anything else that has to do with what you see on the big aren't supposed to be discussed in here.

That's all I'm going to say about it because it's not my forums anymore. I just come here and make a cameo from time to time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AniNate said:

wat?

In the past people may have to wait up to 12 weeks before the movie is available digitally, legally of course. 12 weeks is simply too long to avoid to any spoiler. But now with less than a month, it made watching movie digitally spoiler-free a lot easier. Of course this doesn't apply to FOMO movies because they tend to attract more talking thereby making avoiding spoiler a lot harder but for mid-sized movies, people are perfectly fine waiting for a month without getting spoiled.

Not related to Twisters specifically but I do think the "fair game" threshold should be based on box office, not by a set timeframe. Only if it's clearly near the end of its theatrical run do I think open spoilers are ok. I've always liked the last weekend being less than a hundredth of the film's total box office take as a general rule.

Edited by AniNate

6 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

In the past people may have to wait up to 12 weeks before the movie is available digitally, legally of course. 12 weeks is simply too long to avoid to any spoiler. But now with less than a month, it made watching movie digitally spoiler-free a lot easier. Of course this doesn't apply to FOMO movies because they tend to attract more talking thereby making avoiding spoiler a lot harder but for mid-sized movies, people are perfectly fine waiting for a month without getting spoiled.

If they weren't planning on seeing the movie in theaters anyway what difference does it make? If there's no FOMO in skipping it in theaters then I'd have to assume the same applies to PVOD as well.

Edited by AniNate