kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers [Aug 02 - Aug 04, 2024] | Actuals | 96.81M DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 22.80M TWISTERS | 15.45M TRAP

5 minutes ago, Geo1500 said:

The MCU is over in my honest opinion meaning it has to be rebooted atleast in 2028 marking the 20 year anniversary. This saga has run for 16 years now. 

The best thing Kevin Feige can do post Secret wars is to reboot it but first they need to stop doing MCU movies for atleast a decade and allow people to feel nostalgia about them again aka let them miss these movies again.

MCU took a sick day off and Hollywood almost collapsed. No ways it's going anywhere anytime in the near future.

Edited by Spidey Freak

9 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

MCU took a sick day off and Hollywood almost collapsed. No ways it's going anywhere anytime in the near future.

The overseas markets are collasping hence it will be forced to reboot and let the property rest for a decade or something. They are becoming cheap junk-food and losing currency hence rebooting and resting them is the only solution post secret wars. 

Example Both Doomsday and Secret wars can flop without putting all your stars into the movie like Tom Holland, Ryan Reynolds, Hugh Jackman and RDJ all together.  If you make Avengers Doomsday into a movie where RDJ fights the new Cap and hawkeye it tanks. 

The bigger Asian markets have collasped and now Asean and Mideast are also losing interest.. While Latin America and Europe are on the edge and only watch the ones with real hype like Spiderman no way home or Deadpool and Wolverine. the market is fading 

Edited by Geo1500

1 minute ago, Geo1500 said:

The overseas markets are collasping hence it will be forced to reboot and let the property rest for a decade or something. They are becoming cheap junk-food and losing currency hence rebooting and resting them is the only solution post secret wars. 

Both Doomsday and Secret wars can flop without putting all your stars into the movie like Tom Holland, Ryan Reynolds, Hugh Jackman and RDJ all together.  

But they are going to put all those stars and more so how are those films going to flop lmao

Also, East Asia never was into superheroes as much as LATAM and South Asia. Definitely not Japan lol

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Geo1500 said:

The MCU is over in my honest opinion meaning it has to be rebooted atleast in 2028 marking the 20 year anniversary. This saga has run for 16 years now. 

MCU has now lost 3 massive Asian markets (China, Japan, and South Korea) They have simply had enough and everyone will follow suit like the Mideast, Latin America, South East Asia and Finally Europe. The MCU relesaed 34 films and only 10 of them made into the billion club and there has been more misses then wins if you take closer look as of late. 

Example look at the Fast Franchiese it has overstayed it´s welcome and the reason it kept going was because of the overseas popularity kept them going, while becoming culturally trendsetters and increasing car races among youths worldwide and creating sports cars fanatics but eventually it over stayed it´s welcome 25 years that is a quarter of a century hence it´s overseas markets have collapsed. 

The same thing is happening to MCU the fact that China, Japan and South korea markets have collapsed is a sign of fatigue and MCU getting out of trend and everything in life has it is time and place. 

The best thing Kevin Feige can do post Secret wars is to reboot it but first they need to stop doing MCU movies for atleast a decade and allow people to feel nostalgia about them again aka let them miss these movies again.

Secret wars should be the last movie

10 of 34 is not only imo

And if anything MCU is far from over 

But yes , I can Avengers hype is dying down a bit but that's very natural.

F4 and Xmen will be future of MCU and if audience like those movie. MCU can easily run till 2030. We will see after that

• Like 1

Just now, Spidey Freak said:

But they are going to put all those stars and more so how are those films going to flop lmao

Also, East Asia never was into superheroes as much as LATAM and South Asia. Definitely not Japan lol

Normally in peak MCU you can score 30-50m from japan or even 60m but now you will be lucky to get 5m from Japan and that is the definition of a collasped market that has lost interest in what you are selling because it is repetitive 

11 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

10 of 34 is not only imo

And if anything MCU is far from over 

But yes , I can Avengers hype is dying down a bit but that's very natural.

F4 and Xmen will be future of MCU and if audience like those movie. MCU can easily run till 2030. We will see after that

Post-Secret wars the fall will be steep hence i don´t see light at the end of the tunnel (The end means here Post-Secret wars) The Fast Saga is the best study case for MCU. Both cared more about the overseas markets and world domination all tho the MCU had always better Dom then the Fast Saga but the focus was still overseas and it was a time where China alone use to make them 200-300m per film but What happened to the Fast saga is that the overseas interest dried out slowly thru the years and the MCU is on the same pattern

Edited by Geo1500

2 minutes ago, Geo1500 said:

Normally in peak MCU you can score 30-50m from japan or even 60m but now you will be lucky to get 5m from Japan and that is the definition of a collasped market that has lost interest in what you are selling because it is repetitive 

I thought only Spider-Man/Avengers got that much in Japan? "Peak MCU" era Thor Ragnarok got all of 10M

As someone who was there at 20 years old when X-Men landed, trust me - it changed the game for comic book movies forever. 

It was stunning at the time that it was punching its weight at Batman levels.  It made the industry take notice that outside Superman and Batman there was gold in them hills. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Spidey Freak said:

Spider-Man still exists?

I mean Spider-Man will always exist. Just like Batman and Superman.

These 3 characters will have reboots forever.

Pretty sure Iron Man or Captain America reboot will flop , no matter how good it is.

Also Xmen have advantage here , you can reboot Xmen without actually rebooting cause Xmen always deal with multiple timelines. So you can have cast variations without any issue. 

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

No it didn’t.

We didn't have 2 whole months of "Cinema is dying" doomsday proclamations just because D&W got pushed from early May to late July due to the strikes? And I don't just mean this forum

45 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Ppl downplaying the influence of the 2000s X-Movies are wild. If it hadn't been for them, it would've just been Spidey and the situation would have been the same as WB/DC for the longest time where studio execs felt only 1-2 characters (Batman and Superman) were viable 

This! Like without X-Men's influence, there's no Fantastic Four or Daredevil. Which hey, they were hits at the time, even if they weren't the greatest. Marvel Comics wouldn't be out here realizing the stable of heroes they had and wouldn't go independent. And again, Kevin Feige got his start with the X-Men movies. Without those movies, would he be at Marvel Studios in the first place? That's a legit query right there.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Pretty sure Iron Man or Captain America reboot will flop , no matter how good it is.

You can add Wolverine you can reboot him in every generation he will sell.

These are the 4 popular characters in comic book history and bread winners

Edited by Geo1500

4 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

We didn't have 2 whole months of "Cinema is dying" doomsday proclamations just because D&W got pushed from early May to late July due to the strikes? And I don't just mean this forum

We had cinema is dying proclamations for like a month in May because of a couple big budget flops and lack of appealing movies due to delays from strikes and what not. We’ve had multiple hits since then. Although it was a nice jolt to theaters, the industry would be doing fine without this movie coming out.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Madhuvan said:

Also Xmen have advantage here , you can reboot Xmen without actually rebooting cause Xmen always deal with multiple timelines. So you can have cast variations without any issue. 

I don't disagree but weren't we just talking about MCU in its current, non-rebooted form?

Also just team up Sam Wilson with the new MCU Wolverine in Cap 5 and he should be fine