kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers [Aug 05 - Aug 08, 2024] | Wednesday | 9.87M DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 2.64M TWISTERS | 1.83M DESPICABLE ME IV

23 minutes ago, JimmyB said:

Does offshore have discount Tuesday.  Always, thought that was an American thing

North American 

Canada has huge discount tuesdays.

11 minutes ago, Cooper Legion said:

Week Wednesday tbh. Hopefully some of that is chalked up to EA and the fss/wed can be better than usual. Tighten from say 620-670 to 625-660 or so

really? I was expecting the same drop as JW

1 hour ago, ZattMurdock said:

That’s some insanely sexy numbers, it actually went up from discount Tuesday.

1 hour ago, NGGKroze said:

giphy.gif

OS doesn’t have discount Tuesday. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

I am so disappointed at Disney right now

100 days should be 100 days. This is just exhausting and next time will make people not watch it in cinemas when they can see it on digital so early

What's exhausting is all the people complaining about it

• Like 4
  • Knock It Off 1

15 minutes ago, AniNate said:

What's exhausting is all the people complaining about it

Yes it is... digital release especially this late in a run do not affect box office at all. It will hit disney+ way later. After maybe 120 days after release

16 minutes ago, NGGKroze said:

Maybe not worldwide, but where I live Tuesday tickets are half the price for 3D.

It depends from country to country. In Portugal some theater chains do promos on Monday and others on Wednesday. Curiously none does on Tuesday.

Just now, blazera said:

Yes it is... digital release especially this late in a run do not affect box office at all. It will hit disney+ way later. After maybe 120 days after release

the blu ray will drop on September 10th.

That's less than 100 days so I don't know when exactly the Disney+ drop will be. Maybe the same day as the Blu Ray, even if it's not 100 days. Elemental got on Disney+ on September 13 last year, so maybe that will be around the time this year for Inside Out 2.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

the blu ray will drop on September 10th.

That's less than 100 days so I don't know when exactly the Disney+ drop will be. Maybe the same day as the Blu Ray, even if it's not 100 days. Elemental got on Disney+ on September 13 last year, so maybe that will be around the time this year for Inside Out 2.

I do think it will not drop on D+ with the Blu Ray release. It will be later.

36 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

I am so disappointed at Disney right now

100 days should be 100 days. This is just exhausting and next time will make people not watch it in cinemas when they can see it on digital so early

See this is where I disagree with this notion. I can only speak for my own personal experience but there's nothing like seeing a movie on the big screen. I don't think people care that it comes out on HV or that you can stream it somewhere 3 months down the road. If it's a movie that you are invested in you want to see it in that dark theater with that huge surround sound and that enormous screen in front of you. 

Anytime there is a re-release of a classic film 20 or 30 years down the road, the big movies still have people come out and see them and pay good money to do so.

Titanic, halloween, aliens, Jaws and so many other films I've seen on the screen sometimes three times when they've been released. 

So in my opinion it's a good release strategy for disney. Make the bulk of your money as fast as you can and then get it on streaming a few months down the road.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baumer said:

North American 

Canada has huge discount tuesdays.

Always thought Wednesday was discount day in Mexico and last I checked that was part of North America.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, JimmyB said:

Always thought Wednesday was discount day in Mexico and last I checked that was part of North America.

Thanks for letting me know that Mexico is part of North america. I had no idea. Still though be that as it may discount Tuesdays are different than discount Wednesdays aren't they?

2 hours ago, John Marston said:

I’m mostly a NWH apologist but even I was thinking “why does this climax look so dark and murky”? 

My other main complaint was how easily avoidable everything was. All Strange needed to do was sit Peter down for 5 minutes and find out exactly what he wants but the film more than makes up for my complaints by having it's heart in the right place and being alot of fun