kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers [Aug 05 - Aug 08, 2024] | Wednesday | 9.87M DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 2.64M TWISTERS | 1.83M DESPICABLE ME IV

53 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I know this won't happen, but Elemental last year actually had increases on some of its Thursdays and I'm not sure why that happened...

It's not over until it's over, I'll delude myself into believing that'll happen today so we can get 59 days. 

5 minutes ago, AnthonyJPHer said:

Thursday could surprise us. It’s doubtful but not impossible. But this is still a win regardless. What an insane phenomenon for Disney though. 

oh, and by the way. The Lion King is the highest grossing film made by Disney proper (so no other studios like Marvel or Lucasfilm which aren’t actually Disney proper. Inside Out 2 has a good chance of taking that crown as well. 

Why does Pixar go as “proper” but not the others 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Ya'll remember OG Box Office Mojo when they tracked comparable movies together?

Those were the days. :whosad:

I'll never forget those days. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

You used to be able to easily convert any page into adjusted numbers for any year you wanted too...

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

Big milestone for IO2, but I know a lot of people have been celebrating it already so not sure what I could add to that conversation. 

Looking at DM4, if it follows the first Minions run from here on out it finishes with around 365M, 363M if it follows Minions 2. Honestly pretty incredible stability for the franchise lol, given that it’s pretty much going to wind up exactly where DM2 and Minions 2 did unadjusted.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Now I'm going memory lane thinking what was the first film I properly checked it's BO. Probably Toy Story 3 for me?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Looking at DM4, if it follows the first Minions run from here on out it finishes with around 365M, 363M if it follows Minions 2. Honestly pretty incredible stability for the franchise lol, given that it’s pretty much going to wind up exactly where DM2 and Minions 2 did unadjusted.

And we thought DM3 might have signalled the decline of the franchise at least DOM.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

And we thought DM3 might have signalled the decline of the franchise at least DOM.

Even Despicable Me 4 has a great chance of passing both DM3 and the first Despicable Me adjusted for inflation. 

That really shows you how consistent this franchise is in terms of domestic grosses. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Now I'm going memory lane thinking what was the first film I properly checked it's BO. Probably Toy Story 3 for me?

For me it was Spider-Man 3 as the first film I properly tracked but the first time I became somewhat interested in the box office was opening weekend of Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone.

Seeing a book I read become the biggest film in the world (DOM OW record, but as far as I was concerned that meant the biggest movie ever!) started to get me to at least notice box office numbers. 

46 minutes ago, XXR & Friends said:

For me it was Spider-Man 3 as the first film I properly tracked but the first time I became somewhat interested in the box office was opening weekend of Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone.

Seeing a book I read become the biggest film in the world (DOM OW record, but as far as I was concerned that meant the biggest movie ever!) started to get me to at least notice box office numbers. 

I started with Entertainment Weekly during the early 90's, a magazine with movie news.

They had the weekend numbers for the top ten movies. It wasn't much but I was hooked.

I think the first movie I tracked was Pulp Fiction. That flick blew my mind as a junior in high school.

I think TA waste first time I was somewhat aware of and interested in BO numbers, didn’t really get deeper until like Gotg2-ish, maybe

Edited by Cooper Legion

10 minutes ago, Cooper Legion said:

I think TA waste first time I was somewhat aware of and interested in BO numbers, didn’t really get deeper until like Gotg2-ish, maybe

So around the time you were 16 and 21 respectively 

Edited by HummingLemon496
  • Haha 4
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

First Movie I was interested in the box office for was Jurassic World. I don't know why it stuck out to me but when all the articles were coming out about how it was having a monster run worldwide, I started getting super interested in the numbers. But even after that I only casually started checking out numbers for movies I liked. When I started getting super into it was Endgame, tracking to see if it would become the new number 1 was super fun, and then super stressful in the final weeks lol, but still really cool. Been doing it ever since. 

And I started actually talking and giving opinions on here instead of lurking because of Inside Out, which makes sense for me since animation is my number 1 movie medium so it being that huge would draw me out of my hole. 

Just heard that Apple is burning FOURTY FIVE MILLION A PIECE for George Clooney and Brad Pitt to star a film called Wolfs two or something. That’s RDJ back in Avengers: Doomsday and Avengers: Secret Wars money for a film apparently scheduled to have an ONE WEEKEND movie theater release schedule. LMAO.