AniNate

08/09 WEEKEND: DP&W 53.8, IEWU 50, Borderlands 8.6 ​💣💣💣

7 minutes ago, Kon said:

Yeah. People seem to forget that aspect too. 

I didn't mention it because I don't know how big is the percentage of white latinos in USA.

I've understood Americans tend to imagine Latinos with a non-white look. So, white latinos may not be so common in USA?

It’s common Latinos with white skin in USA, is just that USA won’t perceived them as white anyway

Racial discussions on USA seems very different from any other place. I’ve seen a lot of people saying Rebeca Andrade wasn’t black this week lol 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

The drama is 100% real he’s shady as hell lol

Even though he's primarily famous for being an actor, he's developing a fairly impressive resume behind the camera between his first movie being a low-budget hit (Five Feet Apart made nearly $100M worldwide against a budget in the single digits) and now his follow-up (edit: third movie actually - his second, 2020's Clouds, went straight to streaming) approaching blockbuster-sized numbers. Curious to see what he does next, even if it means grabbing the first tentpole paycheck that comes his way.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Driver said:

Don't really comprehend what problem the average moviegoer may have had with Trap. It's a pretty appealing/entertaining thriller 

I'm a Shyamalan diehard. I'll even go to bat for stuff like Lady in the Water. But even I didn't like the movie all too much. It's just way too silly and convoluted, even for M. Night.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

Kevin Feige has a plan and he already has the best comic book of the 21st century on the case.

This is a crazy packed month for comic books. And not joking, I could see Avengers x Aliens being a thing in the next 10 years.  

Black Panther vs Predator comes out this month too.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Kon said:

Yeah. People seem to forget that aspect too. 

I didn't mention it because I don't know how big is the percentage of white latinos in USA.

I've understood Americans tend to imagine Latinos with a non-white look. So, white latinos may not be so common in USA?

White Hispanic may not be perceived or self identify as “traditional white” but they are not uncommon. Close to a quarter of Latino/hispanic population in USA are white. And if you include mixed white Latino/ Hispanic, that % can easily go up to 50%. In one or two generation when this white start speaking English natively or less culturally associated to their origin Hispanic culture, they aren’t that different anymore to the traditional white. 

1 hour ago, kayumanggi said:

Ooh I didn’t realise Cuckoo was that small of a release. Only 1,503. 

17 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Even though he's primarily famous for being an actor, he's developing a fairly impressive resume behind the camera between his first movie being a low-budget hit (Five Feet Apart made nearly $100M worldwide against a budget in the single digits) and now his follow-up (edit: third movie actually - his second, 2020's Clouds, went straight to streaming) approaching blockbuster-sized numbers. Curious to see what he does next, even if it means grabbing the first tentpole paycheck that comes his way.

Aww that film was so sad! 

23 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Clouds was one of my favourite movies of 2020. Super emotional, thought he did a good job with it. I am a bit biased, especially then, as my childhood friend was dying of a brain tumour at the time, but almost every single beat in that movie felt authentic, and worked really well for me.

The budget for Borderlands is 130m.

There are very few video game properties that would warrant that budget imo.

The only ones that come to mind are Fortnite, Minecraft, and maybe Zelda.

21 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

lol what  

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Didn't it have a hellish production involving tons of reshoots (it originally began filming in early 2021, after all)? That would explain it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

The drama is 100% real he’s shady as hell lol

The trades are reporting on it now:

Tl:dr Blake commissioned a separate cut of the film in postproduction from a Deadpool 3 editor, insiders insist multiple cuts are normal in post and everyone agreed on the final cut in the end. They're just not interacting with Justin now in promo appearances or on social media for...reasons! LOL

26 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Didn't it have a hellish production involving tons of reshoots (it originally began filming in early 2021, after all)? That would explain it.

Yeah there were reshoots during Cate's awards season for Tár and she got papped in her Lilith getup. It was kind of funny to see, since she was campaigning for her third Oscar and Borderlands was clearly going to be epically terrible. Also it was a bit meta if you're familiar with Tár.

• Astonished 1

3 hours ago, CJohn said:

We are finally witnessing the end of Lionsgate I have foreseen 10 years ago.

They'll make a fortune  next year with the Michael Jackson movie

38 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

The trades are reporting on it now:

Tl:dr Blake commissioned a separate cut of the film in postproduction from a Deadpool 3 editor, insiders insist multiple cuts are normal in post and everyone agreed on the final cut in the end. They're just not interacting with Justin now in promo appearances or on social media for...reasons!

Thats awful. Her and Ryan give off a sweet persona, but I’m surprised she’s getting away with this shitty behaviour. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

The drama is 100% real

That’s what she gets. Good response from him. 

If you try and take over, do secret edits, bring your husband in - do it yourself next time. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Thats awful. Her and Ryan give off a sweet persona, but I’m surprised she’s getting away with this shitty behaviour. 

At this point I'm not surprised when just about any celebrity turns out to have done a bunch of horrible stuff. I'm especially wary of people who seem to put a lot of importance on their or their relationships public image.

There are certainly a few celebs who genuinely are good people, so I don't judge people when all there is is tabloid rumor, but I wouldn't say I really care much for any celebs at this point. I just sorta wait until it turns out they're a secret serial killer or something

UPDATED FRIDAY MIDDAY: Right now Ryan Reynolds has the edge over Blake Lively as Disney/Marvel Studios’ Deadpool & Wolverine is looking at a $53M third weekend, and It Ends With Us with an opening in the mid $40M-range. Friday plus previews for the Justin Baldoni starring and directed movie is now $23.2M while D&W is at $15M, -46%.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2