CJohn

SPECTRE | 11/6/15 | Final Trailer on Page 126! | Twitter reactions coming in, STID 2.0?

2 hours ago, Jay Salahi said:

Ever since we re did the forums. If I change my mind on a post and don't wanna quote somebody it will not let me erase it in anyway. I can not make a post with out keeping the quote header even if i log off and log on so sorry. But this is a pointless post. 

let me try

EDIT: you can delete the quote by clicking in the quote header, where your name is. A little square will appear in the top-left corner, click in it and delete.

Edited by Goffe

On 10/21/2015, 5:45:42, Blankments said:

Previews count for Chicago:

105 showtimes

1 sell-out

9 other sell-outs over opening weekend

Final:

155 showtimes

1 sell-out

1 other sell-out over opening weekend (guess the other 8 were glitches)

25 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

With the reviews and the crowded November, I think it needs at least 75m OW to make 200. Remember, QoS only got a 2.5x multi. This is a frontloaded franchise when they're not well liked.

It will get a 75 Million opening. But it probably has a ceiling of low 80's,with PEANUTS likely to grab,PIXAR like, a percentage of the adult evening audience.

But some alarms are going off about a rumored 600 Million break even point for SPECTRE. It will make it,but still, the huge cost of SPECTRE might cut into the profits. I would not be surprised if EON really cracks down on the costs in the next Bond film. EON has a history of doing that when a Bond film goes way over budget..which SPECTRE apparently did.

Moonraker went widly over budget. Although it was the biggest grossing (in unadjusted dollars) BOnd film to date,  in terms of actual profits it made much less then The Spy WHo Loved Me due to the high costs . Brocolli really cracked down on spending for the nest Bond Film "For Your Eyes Only" which cost much less then Moonraker.. I suspect his Daughter Barbara will do likewise on the next Bond film.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bond Bug said:

That's not going to happen. This is James Bond. The strength of the brand, especially with Craig, mitigates reviews that may not be great. The pompous critics who compare it unfavorably to Skyfall miss the whole point of Bond, which is to have fun and enjoy the ride.

But a lot of the "Pompous critics" complaint is that SPECTRE is just not as much fun as SKYFALL.  THere is also a fair amount of fans who are dissapointed in the film.

If being a "True Bond Fan" means I have to blindly praise every BOnd film,then I don;t want to be a True fan. Some Bond movies....A View To A  Kill, Die Another Day,and Moonraker were very dissapointing with View being just plain bad. And QOS was very mediocre. I love James BOnd, but ,like true conniseurs,I know when an 007 film is not very good...or worse.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, dudalb said:

But a lot of the "Pompous critics" complaint is that SPECTRE is just not as much fun as SKYFALL.  THere is also a fair amount of fans who are dissapointed in the film.

If being a "True Bond Fan" means I have to blindly praise every BOnd film,then I don;t want to be a True fan. Some Bond movies....A View To A  Kill, Die Another Day,and Moonraker were very dissapointing with View being just plain bad. And QOS was very mediocre. I love James BOnd, but ,like true conniseurs,I know when an 007 film is not very good...or worse.

I agree with this 100%

I dislike Diamonds are Forever, Man with the golden Gun, A View to a Kill, The World is not Enough and QoS. 

YOLT, LALD, Moonraker, Octopussy, Living Daylights, LTK and TND are decent to good. DaD is mostly good except for Halley Barry and that dull ass ending on the plane.

The rest are really good to great.

• Like 3

With a price tag of $250 million, plus more than $100 million in marketing and promotion costs, industry executives predict that the picture will have to do $650 million to break even. That’s because “Spectre’s” backers, a group that includes Metro-Goldwyn-Meyer and Eon Productions, will have to split revenues with exhibitors. Fewer than 90 films have ever achieved that gross globally and only one other Bond film, “Skyfall,” has ever surpassed that mark.

http://variety.com/2015/film/box-office/spectre-box-office-1201633311/

:ph34r:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Blur said:

With a price tag of $250 million, plus more than $100 million in marketing and promotion costs, industry executives predict that the picture will have to do $650 million to break even. That’s because “Spectre’s” backers, a group that includes Metro-Goldwyn-Meyer and Eon Productions, will have to split revenues with exhibitors. Fewer than 90 films have ever achieved that gross globally and only one other Bond film, “Skyfall,” has ever surpassed that mark.

http://variety.com/2015/film/box-office/spectre-box-office-1201633311/

:ph34r:

Dude, it's on track for a billion worldwide 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

I agree, but personal taste and personal expectations should not be confused with quality. What is the difference between about 50% (USA) and 80% (UK) positive reviews? To me, the difference is one group is taking the Bond movies way too seriously.  

• Like 2