CJohn

SPECTRE | 11/6/15 | Final Trailer on Page 126! | Twitter reactions coming in, STID 2.0?

Skyfall made over £100m ($155m) at the UK box office. In my head, that's the equivalent of a film making $1bn at the US box office. Multiply UK gross in £ x 10 and you usually get something resembling the US gross - not an exact science but it works for the big grossers:

Jurassic World - US $611m / UK £58m

FF7 - US $350m / UK £38m

AOU - US $450m / UK £49m

So yeah.... Skyfall was crazy huge here and I really think the only way is down in the UK. CR & QOS both grossed about £55m in the UK, so I'm thinking this should land somewhere between - £75/80m (around $120m). 

Waiting for that trailer, but surely Skyfall earned enough good will to ensure a $100m opening in the US? 

• Like 1

New synposis:

A cryptic message from the past sends James Bond on a rogue mission to Mexico City and eventually Rome, where he meets Lucia Sciarra (Monica Bellucci), the beautiful and forbidden widow of an infamous criminal. Bond infiltrates a secret meeting and uncovers the existence of the sinister organisation known as SPECTRE.

Meanwhile back in London, Max Denbigh (Andrew Scott), the new head of the Centre for National Security, questions Bond’s actions and challenges the relevance of MI6, led by M (Ralph Fiennes). Bond covertly enlists Moneypenny (Naomie Harris) and Q (Ben Whishaw) to help him seek out Madeleine Swann (Léa Seydoux), the daughter of his old nemesis Mr White (Jesper Christensen), who may hold the clue to untangling the web of SPECTRE. As the daughter of an assassin, she understands Bond in a way most others cannot.

As Bond ventures towards the heart of SPECTRE, he learns of a chilling connection between himself and the enemy he seeks, played by Christoph Waltz.

New stills:

SPECTRE-Film-Stills-00436.jpg

SPECTRE-Film-Stills-01340.jpg

SPECTRE-Film-Stills-01395.jpg

SPECTRE-Film-Stills-05872.jpg

SPECTRE-Film-Stills-08234.jpg

SPECTRE-Film-Stills-09158.jpg

SPECTRE-Film-Stills-20635.jpg

SPECTRE-Film-Stills-PT-09747.jpg

Also FYI Thomas Newman specially recorded this score for the trailer, as far as I'm aware.

• Like 1

Loved Syfall but not taken with that trailer. I don't find the conspiracy angle of SPECTRE all that interesting in the context of a Bond movie. The promo actually reminded me of Quantum of Solace more than anything, though with Mendes directing it'll definitely be better than that at least.

Expect drops in most territories.

It sorta feels like a hastily put together trailer.  Footage is nice, but it doesn't have that epic feel that the Skyfall trailer had imo.

It's like the BvS trailer - the editing is odd in places, but done in a really crowd-pleasing way. Newman's score for this is pretty nice. And thankfully, unlike the Skyfall trailers, not too spoilery/not a play-by play of the film (having read the script, one can judge). The footage really carries this trailer, not so much the editing itself.

The trailer felt off even though it still got me excited. Looks prett bondy and Iike it.

It feels Bond for sure,

And I'll be honest,..if it delivered the bombast that sells many on trailers these days...I might be more excited...but it'd probably oh look more like Die Another Day. So..

I'm with your Mr Mendes.

• Like 1