Grand Cine

Weekdays (14-17th October) Wed : TWR- 1,04M ; Terrifier 3 : 1,7M

Pretty good Wed drop for BeetleJuice 2 , returns in the podium. Pretty good late legs for him , like a family movie . Will be the Warner King in US Saturday. Will finish between 290-295M .

-59% drop vs LW for Joker 2 , less than 3M for this weekend , and maybe worse depending of theaters drop . The Imax screens will be empty 😬

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Deadline's wording strongly implies that Smile 2 is not getting IMAX because of 3 week deal with WB to keep Joker 2 in IMAX. Not sure how accurate that is though.

Venom will pull the plug on Joker 2 next weekend. Might drop even worse than the 81% from last weekend. 

2 hours ago, M37 said:

Anyway, the reason I popped on this morning is because my teenage daughter told me about an ad she kept getting (on Spotify?), and I couldn’t believe it was real. So I had to look, and sure enough, it is 

IMG-3041.jpg

IYKYK

(this may have already been out there, but news to me) 

Teeth was a movie from the aughts that more recently has been turned into a musical, Off Broadway so far. Maybe someday they'll make the movie musical version like Hairspray and Mean Girls.

The first Joker made $4.9 million on its second Wednesday. Joker 2 keeps falling behind more and more by the day.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl

13 minutes ago, AniNate said:

34% better than Joker's first Wednesday 💀

Great Wed/hold , only -22% drop , better than Exorcist last year (1,38M) , expecting 15% drop for Thursday . I think about 9,5-10M for 2nd Weekend (and less than 50% drop)

48 minutes ago, JimmyB said:

Yeah that makes sense. Nothing to replace it with and also the PLF contract so theaters with IMAX have to keep it around no matter what. Next week is gonna be brutal for theater cuts for Joker. 

Wild Robot should be over 1 mill today as well if it behaves normally and extend it's 1 million streak to Sunday. That's why I was hopeful it would come over for Wednesday, I'm really happy to see it. 

Terrifier held much better than I thought it would. Saw X actually was a pretty good comp but I needed to look at its second Wednesday which falls on the same week as this one, instead of its first week the way I did yesterday. It's Wednesday drop post Indigenous Peoples day was 26%. If it plays similar but slightly better to Saw X it'll have an increase Thursday, somewhere around 3-5%. Maybe slightly more with the theater additions. 

Waiting on Thursday numbers to decide my weekend estimates but right now having a hard time guessing what I think will be number 2 this weekend. It'll be close. 

Edited by wattage

6 hours ago, Grand Cine said:

Locations boost for D&W this weekend , clearly to have enough to surpass Barbie ( and to don't make a IO2 2.0 situation).

Was comfortably passing Barbie anyway, I guess this is more of a "well we've got these unexpected free screens might as well try something"

6 hours ago, CheeseWizard said:

Ayo do we have the weekend location counts? Ik Deadpool got added some but how’s everyone else going?

Movie Distributor Theaters Previous

Theaters Change

The Wild Robot Universal Pictures 3,829 3,854 -25

Smile 2 Paramount Pictures 3,619 New

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice Warner Bros 3,251 3,408 -157

Joker: Folie á Deux Warner Bros. 2,857 4,102 -1,245

Terrifier 3 Cineverse 2,762 2,514 +248

Saturday Night Sony Pictures 2,336 2,309 +27

Transformers One Paramount Pictures 2,169 2,758 -589

Piece by Piece Focus Features 1,873 1,865 +8

The Nightmare Before Christmas Walt Disney 1,860 1,700 +-160

Deadpool & Wolverine Walt Disney 1,525 990 +535