HeyItsMoses

RT Score: The Avengers vs The Dark Knight Rises

SuperHero Quality Showdown  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which SuperHero will score Higher on RottenTomatoes?

• The Avengers
    • The Dark Knight Rises
    • The Amazing Spider-Man

I told ya, guys! The Avengers is down to 94% already. Looks like TDK will keep the superhero crown on RT.

What do you mean you told us, it's common sense that a films tomato score is likely to drop after its first wave of reviews. We didn't need you to point out the obvious. Oh and beating TDK's RT score was never the target for this film so your last sentence is irrelevant. Edited by Jessie

Gravitas that becomes overwhelming where it become not entertaining at parts. 

The plot was so needlessly complicated and it was done simply to make us think the film so epic and grand that it ended being the main reason why the film was not as good as TDK. 

Simply point

TA was better then expected.

TDKR did not meet expectations for quality because they were unrealistic 

Edited by Lordmandeep

It was not overly complicated in that we do not understand what is going on

It was overly complicated for no reason apart from Nolan thinking from making it complicated it makes the movie seem so grand and epic.

TDK has a complicated plot but each part played to making the film better. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

I wouldn't call it overcomplicated as much as 'being forced too strongly to follow a certain path.' It's obvious that Nolan wanted a grand epic finale to TDKR but the 'realistic' setting of his films meant that, in order to reach that, he had to make characters act in ways they shouldn't and things happen that kinda defy logic.

As a result we got every cop in the city going into the tunnels so Bane could trap them, (instead of killing them) so they could come out for an epic charge (ignoring that two World Wars have shown us that epic charges vs machine guns don't tend to work well). We had Batman recovering from a broken back unnaturally quickly and somehow teleporting into Gotham so we could get his epic return.

That said, I like both Avengers and TDKR, but, for me, there's absolutely no ignoring that TDKR is a pretty flawed film.

• Like 1

Simple Bane and his men put all this effort to take over Gotham torment it and the police and the government act in the most unrealistic and stupid manner and in the end ?? 

Bane wants to destroy the city in the end? 

What was the reason of adding so much needlessly complicate plot between Bane taking over the city an I am going to blow it up anyways.

Lets not even get into Talia and Bane debacle...

I like the film I give it a 8/10 but I was quite let down and so were a lot of my friends and relatives compared to TDK. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

It's not  really overcomplicated as Rukaio mentioned. The villain scheme is however absurd to the nth degree to achieve their means of revenge. Just the amount of time, investment, and number of circumstances needed to occur is amusing to think about.

Having said that, I kinda prefer TDKR. Sorry. It's weird. But I like the Avengers, but IM1 is my favorite of the Marvel movies, and I would rather pit that against the Nolan films than TA.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2

Simple TA was light-weight fluff.TDKR had gravitas.See, I can do it too!

If you call insane physical inaccuracies, over bloated plot twists, and grand epic feeling for the sake of grand epic feeling while being completely humorless and taking itself way to seriously, than yes it has gravitas.Avengers is everything a comic book film should be, fun, popcorn-munching excitement.
  • Like 1

If you call insane physical inaccuracies, over bloated plot twists, and grand epic feeling for the sake of grand epic feeling while being completely humorless and taking itself way to seriously, than yes it has gravitas.Avengers is everything a comic book film should be, fun, popcorn-munching excitement.

Sorry Panda, I'll be sure to ring you up in future to verify if my opinions about what movies should and shouldn't be pass 'The Panda' test. My apologies oh great one for daring to feel that movies can have different tones that work in the same over-arching genre. I am truly, truly sorry.

• Like 1

Simple Bane and his men put all this effort to take over Gotham torment it and the police and the government act in the most unrealistic and stupid manner and in the end ?? 

Bane wants to destroy the city in the end? 

What was the reason of adding so much needlessly complicate plot between Bane taking over the city an I am going to blow it up anyways.

Lets not even get into Talia and Bane debacle...

I like the film I give it a 8/10 but I was quite let down and so were a lot of my friends and relatives compared to TDK. 

Crushing Batman's spirit was one of the main goals for Talia for his role in her father's death. She wanted to break him. How to crush Batman's spirit? By undoing all the good work he had achieved in Gotham brick by brick. To show that he was wrong, to show just how corruptible Gotham and its people were. When and only when had the gravity of his defeat sunk in, when he saw how the people of Gotham turned on each other was her father's dream of destroying Gotham to go ahead. 

I just don't consider that a particularly complex idea. Crush a guys spirit by showing his lifework and beliefs were ultimately meaningless and then blow up the city. I just don't see it.

With that said I do agree with Rukaio that the plot was  "being forced too strongly to follow a certain path." Unlike Rukaio I believe that the ends justified the means. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Avengers is nothing any FILM should be. 

TDKR, like BB and TDK, takes itself seriously when it should, which is why I'm not looking forward to that crap BvS film, because it will likely take an alternate route and try to cram in tons of Michael Bay-esque slapstick, like Thor 2 and Iron Man 2 did.