Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

Posted Image

This was just the tip of the iceburg, if everyone can remain alive, they could have 6 Avengers movies with all the characters. Remember Spider-man and Wolverine joined them at one point.

Its not like the comics, its much trickier.

What what what???There is no shock for me. It's falling within my expected range, so you might as well tell now :D

In a nutshell, prices during opening weekends are higher (2D over $10 in most places)... so 3D premium is lower % wise. So the adjustment factor you mentioned should go down a bit.

It would be epic if this could make 90M its second weekend.

90M should happen.A Hollywood movie never ever had a bigger 2nd drop in NA than in India, not even close. And Avengers is looking to drop under 55%, maybe even 50% in India. I wouldn't expect any worse from NA.

In a nutshell, prices during opening weekends are higher (2D over $10 in most places)... so 3D premium is lower % wise. So the adjustment factor you mentioned should go down a bit.

I'd ask around about that. I've never encountered that in the US, but I know that happens in India.Anyway, we'd have to apply that for every film in that case.... Relative performance isn't affected to the same extent

90M should happen.A Hollywood movie never ever had a bigger 2nd drop in NA than in India, not even close. And Avengers is looking to drop under 55%, maybe even 50% in India. I wouldn't expect any worse from NA.

That makes no sense. Avengers didn't break the OW record in IndiaCorrelation doesn't imply causation. There's no way this drops that low

Ok, I can't keep up with the thread. So far, our first two shows have sold out and the spillover effect is well under way. If we were to sellout every one of our shows today, we would be looking at around 3300 tickets sold. Yesterday we finished with 2351.

That's the only way it breaks 200m. That's a 13% increase from FriDAY. 28.5% decrease from Saturday. Not likely, but not out of the realm of possibility.

That Saturday is very likely... and the Sunday drop could very well be smaller, thanks to spillovers! Look at SM3 drop.