Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

I was thinking that if audiences in the U.S. were not greatly effected by having to get up for work/school in Monday, is it fair to say the same could have been true of UK audiences?Just saying it's not a "given" that a Monday holiday had a huge effect. It could be debatable, yes?

We all have to work today. There is no special day in the Us or Canada. The UK had a holiday on the 7th. So the Sunday hold here is purely on WOM and demand, not cushioned by any holiday.

2 weekends? May has 4 weekends.

It is at day 12. To break the record it would need around 350 mil in 7 days, 2 of which are weekend days (forgot the word days in the previous post ;) ) and 5 are May workdays.

Rallax just texted me and he said that his first show for Avengers had 91 people in it. THG had 601 people for the entire day on it's first Monday. So it has done 15% of THG first Monday and they have 15 more shows todat. The Monday is going to be ridiculous.

Rallax just texted me and he said that his first show for Avengers had 91 people in it. THG had 601 people for the entire day on it's first Monday. So it has done 15% of THG first Monday and they have 15 more shows todat. The Monday is going to be ridiculous.

Yup, I'm feeling a TDK type Monday and reaction.

Biggest non-holiday May Monday? (I think SW ROTS is first there with something over 14 mil $)

That possible?

15% of THG's Monday would be $1.62 million. Add a 3D boost of 15% to that and you end up with $1.86 million. Pretty damn good for so early in the day.

We all have to work today. There is no special day in the Us or Canada. The UK had a holiday on the 7th. So the Sunday hold here is purely on WOM and demand, not cushioned by any holiday.

That's my point. Wouldn't there have also been great WOM and demand in the UK even if there had been no holiday? I'm not saying the holiday had zero effect...but maybe it's not a spectacular boost given what occurred in the U.S.

Haha awesome news,@shantal. Friday is considered weekend.

Yes, but it's still a working day. ;) Day business is not the same as Saturday and Sunday.That's why I wrote 5 working days.It's part of the box-office weekend, but officially weekend days are Saturday and Sunday, the non working ones. :)

15% of THG's Monday would be $1.62 million. Add a 3D boost of 15% to that and you end up with $1.86 million. Pretty damn good for so early in the day.

dont forgot the boost from imax. It sold every single seat over the weekend (literally)

Another epic Monday thread on Tuesday? ;)
  • Like 1