Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

Still some are throwing $700 million out there as a total possibility.LMAOJust like the vast majority of opening weekend record holders, just watch the runaway train slow down dramatically.It was mere weeks ago Hunger Games made over $150 million in 3 days with no 3D. Which side of $400 million is that at again right now? Might just squeak over.Spidey 3 - unheard of figure in May of 2007. Finished nowhere near $400 million.I remember the hysteria when Lost World did over $90 million memorial weekend and was going to be a juggernaut. Total didn't even hit $250 million.All I'm saying is people need to relax and stop making insane forecasts based on an opening weekend.

The weekend number has effected peoples judgement imo. TA opened to what $40mil more than TDK and it has similar levels of wom and TDK could 'only' reach 533mil so i only see TA reaching 550mil tops, if i'm wrong then i'm wrong and i won't care either way as i liked the film, i just feel people are overreacting.

JLA are not wannabe Avengers. Both teams have their strengths and weaknesses, and both teams have been around for many many decades, with varying degrees of success. In fact, just recently, both TA and JLA are consistently their respective companies' biggest selling comics.If WB decides to start on a blank slate after TDKR, they should concert their efforts to make TMAO a good film, and start creating their shared universe, with a WW film and a new Batman that fits whatever the vision for the shared Universe is. Hopefully all three films will do what THOR, CA, and Im did: Whet audiences appetites for the inevitable team-up.

I'm talking strictly films here. If DC makes a JLA film it will be seen as, and will essentially be, an Avengers wannabe. I'd rather see a team up film featuring the big 2 than that. I think it would be dumb for DC to try and emulate what Marvel did with The Avengers and the films that led up to it. It would be entirely too obvious. Team up the big 2, have them battle and make a good movie out of it and that will be way bigger than some lame attempt to reproduce the Marvel formula.

This is madness !!!!Just got back from my second viewing : this is pop corn movie artistry at its finest !You walk out of it with a big smile on your face because the movie contains so many cool moments you forget some of them.I didn't get the Iron Man's "meet Phil" line, who are the flying monkeys and what's up with the discussion between Nick Fury and Maria Hill about Colson's Cap America trading cards ???Puny God bitch !!!!

Phil is agent Colson's first name, so it was a reference to him. By "flying monkeys" I assume you mean the alien army at the end? They're called the Chetauri(not sure if that's how it's spelled). Loki runs into them after he dissapeers into the void at the end of Thor. Befor the conversation with Maria, Fury told Cap and Stark that they were in his pocket when he died and that he never got Cap to sign them like he wanted. They were blood stained. It was the push they needed to get off their butts and finally truly work together. He lied to them because the cards were actually in his locker.

I love reading the first couple pages of this thread. Most people are slightly disappointed, but trying to console themselves that 150M-160M is not that bad of an opening. Who would have guessed that ~325 pages later we'd be talking about our first 200M+ opening!

Time travel couldn't be more exciting than all this.But no other shock can happen in the future pages.

Thanks..

Welcome to the forum

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Actually I was also a member of BOM and I registered to BOT forums right away that time when it was created. But I was not an active member so this huge TA event is my so called second homecoming :)

He can do what he wants, any roles, any films but he better not forget where he's coming from.He must gives his time, his soul, his everything to the Avengers franchise. :)He should pray asgardian gods every night for having won this "lottery".

he`ll never forget where he`s coming from cause he met his true love on the set of Thor. And his true love won`t forget where he is coming from cause he met him on the set of Thor.Whedon understands the power of slash and he loaded TA with it. So we who love it, pick up on it and have a ball with it. others who don`t pick up on it, won`t mind that it`s there.

Phil is agent Colson's first name, so it was a reference to him.By "flying monkeys" I assume you mean the alien army at the end? They're called the Chetauri(not sure if that's how it's spelled). Loki runs into them after he dissapeers into the void at the end of Thor.Befor the conversation with Maria, Fury told Cap and Stark that they were in his pocket when he died and that he never got Cap to sign them like he wanted. They were blood stained. It was the push they needed to get off their butts and finally truly work together. He lied to them because the cards were actually in his locker.

Spoiler tags please. And the flying monkeys was a reference to /Cap's

The Wizard of OZ one thing Cap was finally familiar with because of Cap's time period.

I'm talking strictly films here. If DC makes a JLA film it will be seen as, and will essentially be, an Avengers wannabe. I'd rather see a team up film featuring the big 2 than that. I think it would be dumb for DC to try and emulate what Marvel did with The Avengers and the films that led up to it. It would be entirely too obvious. Team up the big 2, have them battle and make a good movie out of it and that will be way bigger than some lame attempt to reproduce the Marvel formula.

Not a Batman vs Superman film though, i hate vs films anyway and that paticular one has always made me laugh as how in hell would Batman stand a chance against Superman?.

The weekend number has effected peoples judgement imo. TA opened to what $40mil more than TDK and it has similar levels of wom and TDK could 'only' reach 533mil so i only see TA reaching 550mil tops, if i'm wrong then i'm wrong and i won't care either way as i liked the film, i just feel people are overreacting.

Absolutely. What people fail to realise is that The Avengers faces massive movies in the coming weeks that will make its journey to $600 million impossible. I hope it does make that much. I really do. But experience tells me otherwise. Jurassic Park adjusted nearly hit $700 million. And this is no Jurassic Park. I've always seen that movie as the benchmark for summer movies. Edited by wildphantom

he`ll never forget where he`s coming from cause he met his true love on the set of Thor. And his true love won`t forget where he is coming from cause he met him on the set of Thor.Whedon understands the power of slash and he loaded TA with it. So we who love it, pick up on it and have a ball with it. others who don`t pick up on it, won`t mind that it`s there.

LOLIs "crazy bitch" an insult or a fucking compliment, i don't know all the subtleties of english langage.:)

Folks, looks like 3D is here to stay :(

And it should. It`s male hotness in 3D and hot het men Scar-Jo`s ass in 3D. Whedon generously provided many shots of asses in tight pants for all genders and sexual orientations to enjoy.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Actually I was also a member of BOM and I registered to BOT forums right away that time when it was created. But I was not an active member so this huge TA event is my so called second homecoming :)

:welcome:

Nothing like a blockbuster to bring out the old BOM buddy´s

LOLIs "crazy bitch" an insult or a fucking compliment, i don't know all the subtleties of english langage. :)

Im` not crazy. They can stay in the closet on paper as much as they PR wants, we all know they are true and we cheer them. It`s really way too obvious. They don`t even try to hide it.

Captain America 2 and Thor 2 obviously wont match the scale of this, but are 100M OW's in play for these movies now? What could IM3 possible do? Over/under 150M? I cant give my input until i see a trailer for it

Absolutely.

What people fail to realise is that The Avengers faces massive movies in the coming weeks that will make its journey to $600 million impossible.

I hope it does make that much. I really do. But experience tells me otherwise.

Jurassic Park adjusted nearly hit $700 million. And this is no Jurassic Park.

I've always seen that movie as the benchmark for summer movies.

:)

I thought this word was forbidden like "lock".

Spoiler tags please. And the flying monkeys was a reference to /Cap's

The Wizard of OZ one thing Cap was finally familiar with because of Cap's time period.

So basicaly, Cap America is happy because he got a reference from the 30's, right ???Frak, I don't know how to create spoilers !!!And thx to the people who answered me. Edited by The Futurist