Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

Yeah, that looks like a pretty good estimate for now. Pity, I was really hoping this would break the record.

Evening show reports from the West Coast are still not 100% in. I expect an increase for the final estimate. It needs about 72M to match the OW record, and anything higher will likely give it the record.

If MTC is below RS tracking, a film will open well below expectations.The great example that the rule got credibility from the opening of IM2 that opened below everyone expectations.

How?

Saturday could be higher than 55 Million, and I think it might very well be, especially with its WOM, but I still think that 60M is a bit too far away to reach.

Let's be thanfkul for that. I'm surprised MTC lowballed it to be honest.

MTC has always had issues with 3D films. It makes sense that they would, because it's not a factor they'd be able to as effectively measure

Evening show reports from the West Coast are still not 100% in. I expect an increase for the final estimate. It needs about 72M to match the OW record, and anything higher will likely give it the record.

Let's hope so - and maybe Hawaii, Puerto Rico, American Samoa and Guam can give it that extra push. :shades:

Let's be thanfkul for that. I'm surprised MTC lowballed it to be honest.

I can't really remember MTC ever going much higher than 140 so I wasn't surprised by their number

How?

Friday - $70MSaturday - $59.4M (-15.1%)Sunday - $42.0M (-29.3%)$171.4M. It's not quite $172M, but I think it can take the record. I fully expect the Friday number to go higher. Edited by RichWS

Okay I've been working at my movie theater for the past 8 hours. All I can say is judging from my theater, I was sure this was hitting 70-75m. We had to add shows and all shows were sold out after 4 pm.Anyone want to update me what I've missed over the past 9 hours or so?

Okay I've been working at my movie theater for the past 8 hours. All I can say is judging from my theater, I was sure this was hitting 70-75m. We had to add shows and all shows were sold out after 4 pm.Anyone want to update me what I've missed over the past 9 hours or so?

Nikki's current estimate is $70m. Some of us here think it will end up around $75m.

Friday - $70MSaturday - $59.4M (-15.1%)Sunday - $42.0M (-29.3%)$171.4M. It's not quite $172M, but I think it can take the record.

That's a 14% increase on Saturday from Friday without midnights. That's higher than any of the previous Avengers films

Nikki's current estimate is $70m. Some of us here think it will end up around $75m.

Her number's been steadily increasing all day and I don't think it's stopping here.