Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

Ruffalo's Banner was perfect. He was likable, but you could tell that he was reserved, hiding something. It was obvious he was troubled, but it never turned into angst the way it would for other actors. He had a sense of humor.

• Like 2

How about this:

Let's give Avengers 20 mill today. Following Iron Man's first week, you would have:

Tues: 18.8

Wed: 16.6

Thurs: 15.4

Fri: 27.72

Sat: 40.19

Sun: 28.0

95 mill 2nd weekend 54% drop. And a total of 353 mill.

Even if it fell 50% from this point on, it would still make 500 mill. 600 is a possibility if it hits less than 55% drop this weekend.

How about this:

Let's give Avengers 20 mill today. Following Iron Man's first week, you would have:

Tues: 18.8

Wed: 16.6

Thurs: 15.4

Fri: 27.72

Sat: 40.19

Sun: 28.0

95 mill 2nd weekend 54% drop. And a total of 353 mill.

Even if it fell 50% from this point on, it would still make 500 mill. 600 is a possibility if it hits less than 55% drop this weekend.

I had it finishing at about 550mil and that was with 70mil weekdays for this week and a 100mil 2nd weekend, i really do think some people are over predicting its final gross.

Still though... the difference between 158m and 207m is just too big. I'm thinking 25m today. I'm prepared for crow if I'm wrong though.

Still, July releases have great holds in comparison. Just look at Thor and Captain America. Both had 65m OW but Thor made 5.4m on its Monday compared to 7.75m for Captain America.

Still, July releases have great holds in comparison. Just look at Thor and Captain America. Both had 65m OW but Thor made 5.4m on its Monday compared to 7.75m for Captain America.

Thats the thing though, they both had the same OW, TA and TDK certainly do not.

Thats the thing though, they both had the same OW, TA and TDK certainly do not.

I don't know how else I can explain it to you. You're not looking at the whole picture. Your logic is since The Avengers has a much higher Sunday than TDK then that means it will gross more on Monday. That simply isn't the case. It's an apples and oranges comparison.