Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

I don't know how else I can explain it to you. You're not looking at the whole picture. Your logic is since The Avengers has a much higher Sunday than TDK then that means it will gross more on Monday. That simply isn't the case. It's an apples and oranges comparison.

TA could have a higher % drop today than TDK and it could still gross more than TDK did on Monday because its OW was much bigger, THATS what I'm saying.... this isn't complicated.

TA could have a higher % drop today than TDK and it could still gross more than TDK did on Monday because its OW was much bigger, THATS what I'm saying.... this isn't complicated.

I know what you are saying, but you're expecting too much. Let's say it grosses 25m today and beats TDK Monday. That would be a 56% drop. In May, a drop like that is only possible with Victoria Day.If you want to see how inflated July weekdays are just look at the Mondays of TDK, DMC, and DH2. Both TDK and DH2's Monday are actually higher than its 2nd Friday. DMC's 2nd Friday is only 400k higher than its Monday.The Avengers is going to have great weekdays but like all May releases, it makes the bulk of its cash on the weekends.

Kinda agree on this one. Monday will see big drops. Its a school day and its a workday. Unless US suddenly gets a holiday on Monday, its going to see a big drop. Most people just don't have the time to go and see this on Monday. But it will have a strong weekends, just like THG :)

Sphongle is just expecting too much out of it if he thinks it can beat TDK's Monday. Here's another thing to put the difference between May and July in perspective.Spider-Man made 11m on its first monday or 45% of TDK's 24.5m Monday. Spider-Man went on to make 71.4m in its 2nd weekend, or 95% of TDK's 75.1m 2nd weekend. See how it nealry matched its weekend despite making a lot less on the weekdays.Apples and oranges.

However solid weekdays would lock up epic weekend numbers...It always does during this time of the year.

I know, I'm expecting great weekdays for May, not TDK weekdays though.TDK weekdays + Avengers weekends = Bye bye Avatar

Almost page 333?Right the middle between "nothing" and "hell"...

dont be so serious.. , do U like your new president ?edit.: to be honest, I`have no idea, who the "next" president is ! Edited by chaos

I just realized if this is above 12 million by ThursdayIt would mean a 28+ million Friday40 million Saturday26.4 Sunday94 millionWhat the...

Edited by Lordmandeep

dont be so serious.. , do U like your new president ?

edit.: to be honest, I`have no idea, who the "next" president is !

I'm crazy for repeated numbers, be used to it, people! :)

I'm feeling optimistic about him, indeed.

(Trivia you didn't ask for lol: he and my little brother share the same first name)

I know, I'm expecting great weekdays for May, not TDK weekdays though.

TDK weekdays + Avengers weekends = Bye bye Avatar

Just reading that...god.

Shouldn't Pandora meant to rule a big part of the 2010's years?

Edited by Gideon

I just realized if this is above 12 million by ThursdayIt would mean a 28+ million Friday40 million Saturday26.4 Sunday94 millionWhat the...

That's why there is a thread for the possibility of a $100M second weekend.