Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

Wake up fake..

You're dreaming

Not dreaming...

The way late shows picked up and given the WOM, matinees will be much stronger on Saturday while evening shows will remain at least as strong.

200M opening... here we come!!

• Like 2

"Finally I broke my streak of missing two straight OW record calls (Iron Man 2 and Toy Story 3). :lol:"Good call, this is indeed pretty much TF2 on 3D in terms of opening.Totally different beast in opening compared to TDK or Hp and such.

Edited by Lordmandeep

Your thread is now completely useless. Every prediction for both movies is at least 20M too low :lol:

They both demolished the expectations. Even when I first opened the club, people were saying TA would be over THG with an average predict in the mid 130s for TA :lol: :lol:

Not dreaming...

The way late shows picked up and given the WOM, matinees will be much stronger on Saturday while evening shows will remain at least as strong.

200M opening... here we come!!

Its not going to stay flat with 18 mill midnights...

70-75 maybe

It'll happen. I mentioned in the other thread that this could now go as high as 190M, and still only sell as many tickets as THG/DH2 did on OW, because of a large 3D share. I'm by no means saying 190M will happen, just that it's now a feasible possibility.

$13.6M Midnight$61.6M Friday$63.4M Saturday$47.6M Sunday$186.1M OW$453.5M DOMI've assumed:- a total of ~19.5M tickets sold on OW (DH2/THG territory)- a 59.8% Gross 3D Share (51% 3D Ticket Share)- a 17% bump from IM2's OW attendance- a 25% bump from the typical Marvel Midnight ratio (15% of OD, 5.8% of OW)- a 0% IMAX share- a typical Marvel multiplier from OW w/o midnights

B)

• Founder / Operator

I still think TDKR will sell more tickets, but who cares? This is an incredible weekend and July 20-22 will be as well. Screw the fanboy divisions -- this is the best part of being a movie/box office fan.

• Like 2