CJohn

Weekend estimates thread TA 103,052,274!!

I think I found a couple sell outs for later showing in the twin cities area all at one theater but I am confused that means Pirates has two sell outs, Hunger Games, Dark Shadows is all sold out, Mirror Mirror is sold out, Salmon fishing in the Yemen is sold out.Only two showings are not listed as sold out Avegners 3D 10:00 and The Raven 9:40

Thu: $12.39m -9.0% ($270.01m)

Fri: $30.16m+143.5% ($300.17m)

Sat: $42.96m+42.4% ($343.13m)

Sun: $28.48m -33.7% ($371.61m)

2nd Weekend: $101.6m

how high are people expecting it's Saturday number to go up by (percentage wise)?

i guess seeing as how it exceeded breaking the OW record, people expect it to break the 2nd Weekend record by a huge margin too hence 100m+ talk!heck i think i said 120m at height of crazyness after OW numbers were in soooo...

2nd weekend usually has no sellouts as a movie is usually on a ton of screens like last weekend.

Even so its still doing big business and looks like it will increase a lot on Saturday like last time.

Imo even with 25 million it should cross 86 million.

"Do you think a Thor like Saturday increase is possible (~66%)?"

umm I am not sure but 50% looks likely...

Around what SM1 got. Nice.
  • Like 1

I think I found a couple sell outs for later showing in the twin cities area all at one theater but I am confused that means Pirates has two sell outs, Hunger Games, Dark Shadows is all sold out, Mirror Mirror is sold out, Salmon fishing in the Yemen is sold out.Only two showings are not listed as sold out Avegners 3D 10:00 and The Raven 9:40

This means Avengers has two sell outs and the Lucky One has not sold out yet, 5 year engament has not sold out. but Chimpanzee 9:05 showing sold? WTF?

Marvel's The Avengers is poised to become the first film in history to make $100 million during its second weekend theaters. Dark Shadows will be, well, living in Avengers' shadow.

http://www.boxoffice...predictions?w=1

Poised, what does that mean in this context?

poised

adjective

1. ready, waiting, prepared, standing by, on the brink, in the wings, all set

US forces are poised for a massive air, land and sea assault.

Any 75 million dollar movie is going to have a bunch of sell outs or else it isn't making 75 million. Sell out reports aren't really relevant unless you are taking about matinees and 1:00 AM shows getting sold out. Wait for numbers from Rth.

Considering IM2 got a 50% Saturday increase, I think a 40% Sat increase seems quite conservative especially considering TA is more family friendly."Any 75 million dollar movie is going to have a bunch of sell outs or else it isn't making 75 million. Sell out reports aren't really relevant unless you are taking about matinees and 1:00 AM shows getting sold out. Wait for numbers from Rth."Not always...You can gauge sellouts and how full shows are to past openers.However the problem is its only works for an opening weekend.

Edited by Lordmandeep

All I'm saying is early estimates should be somewhere between optimistic and pessimistic.For Avengers Nikki always gives the most pessimistic predictions. Why?Is she rooting for the move to fail?

Isn't she anti-Disney?

All I'm saying is early estimates should be somewhere between optimistic and pessimistic.For Avengers Nikki always gives the most pessimistic predictions. Why?Is she rooting for the move to fail?

Honestly, It could be easily explained that she gets her numbers from studio sources, who invariably downplay early numbers so they don't look like fools if they are way less. But that doesn't explain why she, herself, has downplayed TA's multipliers or possibility at breaking records. That, IMO, is all her.