CJohn

Weekend estimates thread TA 103,052,274!!

25m is going to go up and if does not it will still be fucking 25m on its second friday. The Avengers still did better then any expected. I am waiting when Avatar 2 comes out and people complain that Avatar 2 only gross 700m Dom.

Edited by Dexter of Suburbia
  • Like 1

If TA makes more than 95-100 m this week end, I officaly demand to the owners of this site and board to tell Nikki to sit on a buttplug for eternity and ban her from this site.So long, Nikki !Not a record my ass.The reason this board continues to comment this fortune teller's stupidity eludes me.

It's 5:00 pm on the West Coast. The evening hasn't begun. But 25m isn't bad. But like Lord Man Deep said, 3d share is gonna be down. People are watching in 2D. So that will affect the total.

I remember Bridesmaids opened on this weekend last year to about 20 million, it ended up grossing about 165 mil.

26/169

If TA makes more than 95-100 m this week end, I officaly demand to the owners of this site and board to tell Nikki to sit on a buttplug for eternity and ban her from this site.So long, Nikki !Not a record my ass.The reason this board continues to comment this fortune teller's stupidity eludes me.

Because we need her and if we didn't have her this board would be kind of boring until 10AM saturday morning.
  • Like 2

That struck me as pretty humorous. Only 70%!

Anyway, $25m would mean at least $85m for the weekend, possibly closer to $90m if Mother's Day is strong.

Just Nikki Finke being herself :lol:

FRIDAY 5:00 PM UPDATE: Marvel’s The Avengers from Disney looks like around $27M for the day and a huge $74.5M second weekend. That means the holdover will drop only 80% after its record-setting domestic weekend opening. So what’s the total haul so far? Coming into Friday it’s North America $270M and internataional $533.3M for a global cumulative of $803.3M. Laughably, Disney thinks $1B is possible for its superhero juggernaut through Sunday but I know better. No record.

:P
  • Like 1

Because we need her and if we didn't have her this board would be kind of boring until 10AM saturday morning.

You are basically saying this board is hooked on Nikki and that there is no way to sober up ?Nikki, the opium of the people ?

I'm beginning to think some of you don't pay attention to what happens almost every Friday with her "early estimates."She reported that at 4:30p. Night showings hadn't even started yet. The number went up 15m from her estimates last Friday. And, as Baumer said, it's early May. A 100% increase is too low for this time of year regardless of how well it's done to this point. I'll wait for Rth to post before I get excited or dissapointed. :)

• Like 1