CJohn

Weekend estimates thread TA 103,052,274!!

I think The Avengers was a great fun film, i just don't think its very deep or will stand up to multiple viewings over time unlike films like X-Men 2, Spiderman 2, BB and TDK (although people do overrate that) but thats just my opnion and TA is a good film.

The fun thing is that I've watched all these movies in the theater and TA is the only one I wished to watch a second or a third time. And for me it was actually better the second time as you notice things you missed on the first viewing.
  • Like 1

But when the evening shows come, it won't be running at 109%, the evening shows were very busy last night, and I don't see tonight's even shows doing much better than maybe a max of 50% above yesterday's.

Saturday night are hugeI could see a 50m Saturday,

riczhang is right...

Friday night was busy, however to be Fair Saturday night appears busier then last night.

It's not even 6 yet on the east coast, the night shows are just starting, so where exactly are you getting then notion that Saturday night appears busier?

No one understands the hate from TDK/Nolan fans like AVATAR/Cameron fans do but most TDK fans on here have been positive towards The Avengers. I think The Avengers was a great fun film, i just don't think its very deep or will stand up to multiple viewings over time unlike films like X-Men 2, Spiderman 2, BB and TDK (although people do overrate that) but thats just my opnion and TA is a good film.

X2 is seriously overrated in our list. SM2 for me was the greatest Marvel movie before TA.

Saturday night are hugeI could see a 50m Saturday,

It's not that I don't see a 50M saturday, it could happen, just not very likely. A 50M saturday would mean the 3rd highest Saturday of all time, behind only itself, and SM3.

+55% or so today we think?What does everyone think for tomorrow.. Is 25% or sub 25% doable?

I'm going with a 48% bump today and 31% drop tomorrow.

no its dropping 30-35% tomorrow for sure...

Why would it drop that much?Last year Thor/Fast Five dropped 27% and 29% and everything else in top 10 fell under 20% or increased.I think TA is playing much more like a four quadrant family film than either Thor or FF, plus the sheer size of the thing and all the spillover demand from sellouts could easily bring it to a 25% drop or better.

It's not that I don't see a 50M saturday, it could happen, just not very likely. A 50M saturday would mean the 3rd highest Saturday of all time, behind only itself, and SM3.

It going to happen you wait and see.

The fun thing is that I've watched all these movies in the theater and TA is the only one I wished to watch a second or a third time. And for me it was actually better the second time as you notice things you missed on the first viewing.

I think thats because The Avengers is a 'fun' film and its a more of a spectacle than those films i listed, its a great time so to speak, i just don't think its as good a 'film' as those films i listed, its just my opinion though.

Again, you're claiming that the only people who have criticized Avengers are Nolan or TDK fans. That is a dumb generalization and A.O. Scott's review is proof of it. He trashed Inception and he trashed Avengers.

Who gives a fu..... what a contarian thinks? I can't take people serious who are bashing inception and avengers, those were amazing movies. Edited by dignam

It's not even 6 yet on the east coast, the night shows are just starting, so where exactly are you getting then notion that Saturday night appears busier?

He has been following theaters online and comparing them.

Isn't that more like heading towards $50+ million? It's currently running 109% ahead of yesterday's ticket sales...

No, because his theater also had one show that was $5.00 for the early show....basically half price, and that sold out. So I think his theater is not a 100% replication of other theaters. I'm comfortable with predicting a 46-48% bump. 43-46 mill.

He has been following theaters online and comparing them.

Ah, that would make sense, though many people don't seem to have discovered online ticketing yet. :P :P Edited by riczhang

Why would it drop that much?Last year Thor/Fast Five dropped 27% and 29% and everything else in top 10 fell under 20% or increased.I think TA is playing much more like a four quadrant family film than either Thor or FF, plus the sheer size of the thing and all the spillover demand from sellouts could easily bring it to a 25% drop or better.

That's the first Sundaqy for Thor thou

Who gives a fu..... what a contarian thinks? I can't people serious who are bashing inception and avengers, those were amazing movies.

They aren't perfect movies though. To attempt to discredit the messenger instead of actually listening to the message is not right or fair. When I say the first 10 minutes of Avengers bored me, that was an honest observation. I loved the rest of the movie. Thank God the first 10 minutes wasn't anything like the rest of it. The dialogue got much better throughout the rest of the movie and the storytelling improved too.