Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

Anyone with a thinking brain (including even "experts" like Corpse who was right there acknowledging its possibility) could see that $300 million was within striking distance before the idiotic decision by Disney to release the DVD in July, even though they could have sold just as many units in August, or even September.  Disney isn't infallible.  They have made plenty of mistakes and these are the kinds of moronic decisions that cratered Disney before this most recent resurgence.

In the world of "true expert" of cinema marketing, Frozen is named as an absolute masterpiece (try a google search about this, is easy and for free). So i think that even if someone here is angry because the fun is over, one more time Disney made the right choice. Disney in past years had some problems because continuosly released weak movies, not because released them in a wrong date.

Unfortunately you don't update more your "to infinity and beyond" table, it ever lighted my way.

that was a projection table on 15% then 10% weekly drops when it was dropping less than 3% per week over the run. Not infinity, buzz boy. You really got to get your head str8 that it wasn't a prediction and that all went out the window when ads hit that they could watch it home for $5. Nearly everyone agrees that took the BO down. Just admit your wrong.I didnt call it official like you still do with your table where the dailies are ridiculously off.BTW. Those were keystroke errors and abbreviations, not grammatical errors like your nearly illegible posts. Use google translate ragazzo con cervello piccolo
  • Like 3

Why the hate about disney and  their decision of the dvd stuff. This is what happened, THEY DECIDED THE DVD RELEASE DATE BEFORE FROZEN HITS IN JAPAN, they never thought that frozen would be so badass! now they are like, ''damn, only if we knew the movie would be a huge  success, we would push the dvd release a bit further! so, it isnt disneys fault that frozen has been kicking asses for 15 weeks, they may thought the frozen runs would last 2 or 3 weeks maximun. thats what I think, and we should be happy that frozen made that money, we were expecting like 100 millions dollars anyway, remember?. frozen fought very well and now it is time that we support frozen as long as it lasts in japan and that it makes as much money as it can. for me this run in japan has been so epic and I feel satisifed with it. :)

Edited by Queen Elsa Arendelle
  • Like 2

that was a projection table on 15% then 10% weekly drops when it was dropping less than 3% per week over the run. Not infinity, buzz boy. You really got to get your head str8 that it wasn't a prediction and that all went out the window when ads hit that they could watch it home for $5. Nearly everyone agrees that took the BO down. Just admit your wrong.I didnt call it official like you still do with your table where the dailies are ridiculously off.BTW. Those were keystroke errors and abbreviations, not grammatical errors like your nearly illegible posts. Use google translate ragazzo con cervello piccolo

I'm honored that your only posts in the last 15 days are in response to mine. But I do not understand one thing: if they are poorly written and you don't understand them, because they make you so angry?

"You're so fucking easy, Raymond. Like a big baby with buttons all over. I push the buttons."

Richard Gere / Andy Garcia in "Internal Affairs"

"ragazzo kon cervello pikkolo" you speak Italian like an old German tourist.

Edited by edroger

I'm honored that your only posts in the last 15 days are in response to mine. But I do not understand one thing: if they are poorly written and you don't understand them, because they make you so angry? "You're so fucking easy, Raymond. Like a big baby with buttons all over. I push the buttons." Richard Gere / Andy Garcia in "Internal Affairs" "ragazzo kon cervello pikkolo" you speak Italian like an old German tourist.

nice movie quote. 'Bout time you said something witty.google sounds like the tourist.

Edited by k1stpierre
  • Like 1

nice movie quote. 'Bout time you said something witty.google sounds like the tourist. I sound like the guy that was banging your mom last week upstairs. You shouldn't listen thru the basement ceiling and masterbate to it.

Really? There is something of autobiographical in that you say? Or maybe you thought "insulting his mother is the worst thing you can do to an Italian". LOL

BTW you have not answered to my question: because my posts make you so angry?  Richard Gere is in right?

Really? Is there something autobiographical in what you say? Or maybe you thought, "insulting his mother is the worst thing you can do to an Italian". LOLBTW, you have not answered my question. Is it because my posts make you angry? Richard Gere in right?

Italians are very good with mathematics. Over the last 2000 years we invented many of the engineering feats still in use today. You can't possibly be Italian. What stone age country did you emigrate from? Be honest, please.Idiocy gets under my skin. I corrected your post. Now I feel better.You're opinion is wrong. Most people disagree with you. Let it go manbino. We're done.

I think there is too much personal insults going on. mfantin is especially bad.  But edroeger at least can you put him on ignore and stop this. I dont see any reason for this. You can just agree to disagree and move on.

He started it and keeps going with it. Otherwise it doesn't happen at all. As I just said im done. Lets see if he can be quiet.Anyway. Looking like 1.5-1.6m mon thru thurs. 5m week possible.Didn't someone say vod was starting a week before dvd release
  • Like 2

He started it and keeps going with it. Otherwise it doesn't happen at all. As I just said im done. Lets see if he can be quiet. 

Thanks. I hope you stick to this.

Edited by CJohn

Mod Warning:

T E Lawrence and edroger, I hope you both stop right now. Before this escalates into something worse. 

Don't worry, I have never gone beyond a "pretty ridiculous" about his comment and a few jokes. I have never angry, even if with his last post "I sound like the guy that was banging your mom last week upstairs. You shouldn't listen thru the basement ceiling and masterbate to it." he reach the limit.

Don't worry, I have never gone beyond a "pretty ridiculous" about his comment and a few jokes. I have never angry, even if with his last post "I sound like the guy that was banging your mom last week upstairs. You shouldn't listen thru the basement ceiling and masterbate to it." he reach the limit.

And we will deal with it in the proper way. 

Getting back to Frozen's box office run in Japan and the impact of the stupid decision to announce the release of the DVD while the movie was earning $12+ million weekly, let's think about Japan's movie going habits logically.

We know movies in Japan have incredibly long legs.  Frozen will have a 30x+ opening WE multiplier.  What does this indicate?  Japan's moviegoing audience has no problem waiting weeks or even MONTHS to see a movie.  So think about what that means for the DVD release.  If a Japanese Frozen fan can wait 3 months to see a movie, they can EASILY wait an extra 6 weeks for the movie to come out on DVD/bluray and rent the damn thing for $5. 

• Like 2

That's weird. I checked wiki for Japans top 20 movies and they had spirited away at 230m a week ago but they have it at 300m now and titanic at 258m. The fuck wiki?

Exchange rates.  At the time of SA's theatrical run, its 30.4B yen was worth about 230M dollars.  At today's exchange rate, the same 30.4B yen is about 300M dollars, and Titanic's 26.2B is 258M.

And this is why you shouldn't consider Wikipedia to be anything more than a starting point for real research.

• Like 1