Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

Finally, Demon Slayer S3 premieres tomorrow!

While, PS starts tonight for Conan 2023

On 4/5/2023 at 10:38 AM, Issac Newton said:

Detective Conan: Black Iron Submarine

Fastest Screenings starts on 18 TCs across 10 cites from 04/14 00:00

Sales starts on 04/09 00:00

1 shows - UC Sapporo (310)

1 shows - TOHO Sendai (296)

1 shows - TOHO Hibiya (454)

2 shows - TOHO Shinjuku (407+499)

1 shows - Shinjuku Wald 9

2 shows - TOHO Shibuya (297+234)

2 shows - TOHO Ikebukuro (313+313)

1 shows - TOHO Roppongi Hills (512)

1 shows - Yokohama Burg 13

1 shows - TOHO Kawasaki (542)

1 shows - Midland Square Cinema

1 shows - 109 Cinema Nagoya

2 shows - TOHO Namba (328+283)

1 shows - TOHO Nijo (280)

2 shows - TOHO Umeda (733+480)

1 shows - OS Cinema M-INT KOBE

1 shows - Hiroshima Wald 11

1 shows - T-Joy Hakata

23 Shows / 18 TCs | Seating Capacity on Brackets (+2)

On 4/2/2023 at 3:49 AM, SchumacherFTW said:

Why would How Do You Live be so much bigger than The Wind Rises? Is it just hopeful given the return of Ghibli? 

If you asked me before Demon Slayer's run in 2020, I would have tell you How do you live is likely coming below TWR, continuing the downward trend in term of Japanese BO for Miyaozaki's work since Spirited Away. 

But the landscape for anime changed completely after Demon Slayer's run for some reasons, Japanese seem becoming even more receptive to already popular anime genre. Remember before DS, none of the anime , no matter how popular their franchise are, achieved ¥10bn at the BO. Miyaozaki was the only director that can make a anime come pass  ¥10bn, this is of course, followed by Shinkai in 2016 with Your Name. Still, that is it, you don't see other anime passing  ¥10bn. 

Today, anime passing ¥10bn mark has become a lot more common. We got 3 in 2022 alone. And Conon also seem to on track to have the first ¥10bn movie in the franchise. All these sign make me believe that How do you live will buck the decreasing trend and rebound from wind rises. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

¥6B ($45.4M) Industry Forecast 

I hope you don't follow r/boxoffice on reddit because with the fact that the film comes out later in Japan they have already started with some absurd speculations, today I read for example that 75M was the minimum that could be expected from Mario, that above 100M is probable and that they think it has some chance to reach 200M... Too bad I was banned months ago otherwise I would have gladly answered   : /

Edited by MG10

8 minutes ago, MG10 said:

I hope you don't follow r/boxoffice on reddit because with the fact that the film comes out later in Japan they have already started with some absurd speculations, today I read for example that 75M was the minimum that could be expected from Mario, that above 100M is probable and that they think it has some chance to reach 200M... Too bad I was banned months ago otherwise I would have gladly answered   : /

Lol I read that thread, somebody said 100m is the minimum 

• Haha 1

Golden Week will be huge this time. Like every year, Marvel will release their film at the last day of holidays and will never get the needed boost. I never understand what's the problem of release a film here, one week ahead of US Release. What a dumb decision of releasing it at the end of Golden Week 

6 hours ago, Flamengo81 said:

Nice. What is your personal opinion, Issac? Do you agree or do you see a different outcome?

Personally thinking over DM3 (¥7.31B) but fine with IF Numbers. Why I am fine because no Imported Animated Film has so far crossed ¥5B with Minions: The Rise Of Gnu being the Highest Grossing Imported Animated Film at ¥4.442B

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MG10 said:

4 hours ago, GOGODanca said:

Lol I read that thread, somebody said 100m is the minimum 

Reddit is nonsense. Post CoVid-19 Highest Grossing Imported Animated Film in Japan hadn't even crossed ¥5B, ¥10B will be a huge huge huge jump over Minions 2 (¥4.442B). Well, it does have a Week of Holidays but I don't think it's sufficient for $100M (¥13.2B) &$200M (¥26.4B)

Also, $200M will make it All-Time 2nd Highest Grossing Imported Film in Japan... Well, Frozen days are gone, with a lot of changes in Audiences Taste, Japan won't support at that high even when our own domestic film aren't doing $200M due to terrible ER.

• Like 1

Post-CoVid-19 ¥10B Record Holders

• Evangelion 3.0+1.01: Thrice Upon A Time - 1st Robot Anime Film 
  • One Piece: Film Red - 1st Toei Film (possibly could have been 1st ¥20B too)
  • Demon Slayer: Mugen Train - 1st Aniplex Film &Fastest Film to reach in 10-days
  • THE FIRST SLAM DUNK - 1st 3D CGI/Sports Anime Film. 2nd Toei Work.
  • Top Gun Maverick - 1st Imported Film to bleach ¥10B since Frozen II 
  • Jujutsu Kaisen Movie 0 - 1st Korean Director Film
  • Suzume's Locking-Up - 3rd Shinkai directed Film

On 4/8/2023 at 9:25 PM, Issac Newton said:

1 shows - UC Sapporo (310)

1 shows - TOHO Sendai (296)

1 shows - TOHO Hibiya (454)

2 shows - TOHO Shinjuku (407+499)

1 shows - Shinjuku Wald 9

2 shows - TOHO Shibuya (297+234)

2 shows - TOHO Ikebukuro (313+313)

1 shows - TOHO Roppongi Hills (512)

1 shows - Yokohama Burg 13

1 shows - TOHO Kawasaki (542)

1 shows - Midland Square Cinema

1 shows - 109 Cinema Nagoya

2 shows - TOHO Namba (328+283)

1 shows - TOHO Nijo (280)

2 shows - TOHO Umeda (733+480)

1 shows - OS Cinema M-INT KOBE

1 shows - Hiroshima Wald 11

1 shows - T-Joy Hakata

23 Shows / 18 TCs | Seating Capacity on Brackets (+2)

00:00 JST Update ~ 

8,182 / 8,558 (95.86%) | 23 Shows | 18 TCs