Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

Weekend Numbers (FSS)

01. Detective Conan: Black Iron Submarine - 2,176,407 (505 TC)

02. Doraemon: Nobita's Sky Utopia - 101,575 / 3,378,705 (381 TC)

03. My Happy Marriage - 70,138 / 1,763,562 (314 TC)

04. Shin Kamen Rider - 67,226 / 1,283,096 (403 TC)

05. THE FIRST SLAM DUNK - 65,239 / 9,108,224 (385 TC)

06. SSSS. GRIDMAN - 47,458 / 375,838 (151 TC)

07. My Beautiful Man: Eternal - 45,603 / 188,520 (155 TC)

08. Nemesis - 39,395 / 407,547 (347 TC)

09. AIR - 34,105 / 116,502 (211 TC)

10. Touken Hanamaru - 28,356 / 313,280 (240 TC)

With more Data Transparency, I currently has access to Top 30 FSS Numbers both in Gross &Admits.

Just look at the options and the results, this time I'll just leave it here without even commenting. Now excuse me but I'm going to bang my head against the wall... 

Edit: if it doesn't work try this Link

Edited by MG10
  • Haha 1

Just now, MG10 said:

Just look at the options and the results, I'll just leave it here without even commenting, now excuse me but I'm going to bang my head against the wall...

Imagine if Mario end up like Avatar: The Way Of Water &LightYear or let's say similar with Puss In Boot: The Last Wish Fate..  what would be their reaction??

:hahaha:

After Conan Break-out, Industry has lowered it's prediction to ¥4.0B, that makes me wonder how Mario will perform here.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Imagine if Mario end up like Avatar: The Way Of Water &LightYear or let's say similar with Puss In Boot: The Last Wish Fate..  what would be their reaction??

:hahaha:

After Conan Break-out, Industry has lowered it's prediction to ¥4.0B, that makes me wonder how Mario will perform here.

Yeah I can't imagine, unfortunately I was banned last summer but if I still had an active profile I would try to teach them something since they know absolutely nothing about the Japanese box office (or the Chinese, Mexican, Korean etc), otherwise we would need some other users of the site who also has a reddit profile and wants to try putting some knowledge into their heads 😅

Edited by MG10
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MG10 said:

Yeah I can't imagine, unfortunately I was banned last summer but if I still had an active profile I would try to teach them something since they know absolutely nothing about the Japanese box office (or the Chinese, Mexican, Korean etc), otherwise we would need some other users of the site who also has a reddit profile and wants to try putting some knowledge into their heads 😅

It's whatever tbh, reddit doesn't bode well to argue with people regardless, it's very circlejerky and swings wildly with people over(or under)correcting left and right based on how a film is doing

if they wanna think its doing demon slayer numbers let them think that, it's really not that big of a deal at this point honestly

if it overperforms good for the film, if it doesn't it is what it is, japan is not a market hollywood can ever count on by default anyway

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, MG10 said:

How should I tell the sub to lower expectations 😂

Also if you don't mind me asking, why were you banned from the box office sub?

On 4/17/2023 at 5:50 PM, MovieMan89 said:

I can’t believe that is coming out in July. No one has seen anything of the film yet, correct? Moreover, it sounded like it was still years out as recently as last year when they updated on it, so that July release was very perplexing. 

Just that one teaser poster, yeah.

And there's some problems behind the scenes with the Studio Ghibli president recently resigning that may or may not be because of a scandal involving the company's co-founder Toshio Suzuki. Media reports accused Suzuki of spending the company's money for his personal use, allegedly. And now Suzuki is the new president so idk what will happen now tbh but I hope it doesn't affect the creative processes let alone the whole movie and its release.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Austin said:

How should I tell the sub to lower expectations 😂

Also if you don't mind me asking, why were you banned from the box office sub?

I wasn't banned from the sub but from the entire site, and that's also why I can't just create another account

It's because a couple years ago I posted a funny image I found in some subreddit about memes and they banned me from the sub since it wasn't an original work or posted for the first time, and it was in the rules which I didn't read with enough attention. The problem is that I did the same with my second account like an year after the event when I obviusly didn't remember anything about the first time, and I was IP banned like the worst criminal 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, MG10 said:

I wasn't banned from the sub but from the entire site, and that's also why I can't just create another account

It's because a couple years ago I posted a funny image I found in some subreddit about memes and they banned me from the sub since it wasn't an original work or posted for the first time, and it was in the rules which I didn't read with enough attention. The problem is that I did the same with my second account like an year after the event when I obviusly didn't remember anything about the first time, and I was IP banned like the worst criminal 🤷‍♂️

That's lame. I don't really get those people who get off on their power complex.

Also, circling back to the sub having wild expectations about Mario, do I dare even address that Japan will probably not gross that much or just leave it be for them to get disappointed. And how would I even tell them that it isn't going to come remotely close to Demon Slayer.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Mario is being very underestimated in Japan, but I digress 

Avatar 2's Performance prove that Audiences here would reject anything that's not in line with their taste. &You all still in the same height for Mario? LMAO current Projection per Industry Forecast is already optimal. &If it performs higher than that might be probable but not like it's happening :)

Edited by Issac Newton

Even TGM performance at first was expected within ¥5B, while later we see it will be having difficulties in passing ¥10B because of Summer Tentpoles but later went to gross up to ¥13.70B and it's playing.. 

It's always better to keep expectations unless markets response above it...