Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

It's actually really, really good. I'm sure WOM will be great, so it'll probably get over $10 million. For a non-Hollywood import playing at just 46 theaters, it's quite astounding.

South Korea has $11m with less than half the population

I'm already satisfied with TA's run. It's done better than anyones imagination. It accomplished the 1.5B WW goal and soon it'll pass TASM. It should finish around 50M, what an impressive accomplishment. It's total will be higher than combined total of IM, IM2, TIH, CA and Thor. Hopefully, TA will help Marvel brand name in Japan and IM3/Thor 2 can have good totals. :)

if i take in considetarion that in about half of the markets the avengers were just good enough (in contrary with titanic, avatar or HP 7.2 which all are megablockbasters and were doing extraorinary good in all markets) the fact they crossed 1,5B is more curious. does it mean that we have more room if there can be made an internationally more apealing blockbuster? or it is the other way, a world has changed and many countires developed their own taste and it is more difficult to make a megablockbuster fro all of them?btw, promethues leading in china today, twice as much as TASM? great...

if i take in considetarion that in about half of the markets the avengers were just good enough (in contrary with titanic, avatar or HP 7.2 which all are megablockbasters and were doing extraorinary good in all markets) the fact they crossed 1,5B is more curious. does it mean that we have more room if there can be made an internationally more apealing blockbuster? or it is the other way, a world has changed and many countires developed their own taste and it is more difficult to make a megablockbuster fro all of them?btw, promethues leading in china today, twice as much as TASM? great...

I removed DH2 from the equation since TA will only be about 50M behind and exchange rates in Europe did hurt it quite a bit. Avatar/Titanic are in a league by themselves. They are universally loved. TA had a so-so run in Western Europe barring UK but made it up in Latin America (biggest movie ever) and Asia. I think answer to your question is that scale, scope and team up action of the movie, made it bigger than previous SH movies. As a whole, it was bigger then sum of it's parts. Edited by druv10

Could it go wide?

Films very rarely expand in Japan due to the volume of films released every weekend. More films are released in Japan than in any other country besides India (and maybe Russia) despite far fewer screens than pretty much every major market.

I reported yesterday that 'Bayside Shakedown The Final TV Special' earned a mighty 21.3% rating on Saturday, but that number has now be revised to 23.3%!The average rating for the TV series was 18.2% with the finale getting a 23.1% in 1997. Also, the only TV specials to achieve a higher rating than the 23.3% for 'Bayside Shakedown The Final TV Special were the 'End of Year Bayside Shakedown TV Special' with 25.4% in Dec. 1997 and the 'Autumn Bayside Shakedown TV Special' with 25.9% in Oct. 1998.The 'Bayside Shakedown The Final' movie opens this weekend.