Impact

Best Visual Effects-2012

I think its gonna be a battle between Prometheus and The Hobbit. I don't think nothing else has much of a chance. Avengers talk is nonsense.

They have to give it some reward for being the most successful movie ever made not directed by James Cameron :) It's either that or Sound FX and Visual FX is more likely, especially if Hobbit disappoints.

They have to give it some reward for being the most successful movie ever made not directed by James Cameron :) It's either that or Sound FX and Visual FX is more likely, especially if Hobbit disappoints.

Boxoffice means nothing. Avatar was a slam dunk for visual effects, even its biggest haters admitted that. So far, Prometheus is the leading contender for visuals by far... though I think The Hobbit is likely gonna win. While its visuals were good, theres really nothing all that eye popping about The Avengers in that area.

I think Prometheus is one the most visually stunning film of all time. Easily the best of the year for me. TA also had some excellent Visual Effects (the work on the Hulk was absolutely phenomenal!). I also think JC had fantastic visual effects, although not groundbreaking. Prometheus and TA are advancing the state of the art.

Right now I am thinking

locks

The Hobbit

alternative win Prometheus

Avengers

------------------

near lock

The Dark Knight Rises

------------------

fighting in for the last spot

Amazing Spiderman

Cloud Atlas

Snow White

Sad thing is, those films probably deserve the nominations, but the Academy will end up nominating films like Gatsby, and Life of Pi, just like they did last year with Hugo.