Impact

Best Visual Effects-2012

The academy mixed up production design and Special effects for Hugo.The movie had nothing groundbreaking SFX wise, NOTHING.THe only super complex shot is the opening one, done by ILM and they already done these kinds of things ...ROTPOTA was robbed as the first Transformers movie who rewrote the book on CGI characters lighting and integration in a live environement.

Edited by The Futurist

The academy mixed up production design and Special effects for Hugo.The movie had nothing groundbreaking SFX wise, NOTHING.THe only super complex shot is the opening one, done by ILM and they already done these kinds of things ...ROTPOTA was robbed as the first Transformers movie who rewrote the book on CGI characters lighting and integration in a live environement.

Hugo had a huge amount of special effects and the win was very well deserved. Check out the behind the scenes feature on the blu ray if you get a chance.

Nolan thinks is so hip with his practical effects thing but it depends on what you have to film.Look, the guy hates fantasy so his practical effects can lick my sack the day he tries to make an Avengers movie,Transformers King KOng, Hobbit or Avatar.Those movies would look incredible with the guys who did the Nolan's batmobile I am telling you !Yeah, right .

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

The following will be nominated:The Hobbit - Very good chance of winning.Prometheus - Very good chance of winningCloud Atlas - Good chance of winningLife of Pi - SlimThe Avengers - We needed to nominate a 5th movie.TDKR won't be nominated.

While I think Life of Pi will take it home, those are my current five as well.

As I said earlier, the Academy sometimes rewards the production design of the special effects ( see Hugo) or the visual idea behind a special effect ( see Inception) more than the actual SFX.The Playstation 1 white bear from Golden COmpass beating the first Transformers ( a major landmark in CGI) was a travesty.

• Like 3