Impact

Best Cinematography 2012

I don't really care for the sag awards in general. They always leave out great films if there are zero or only one acting nom. I think this is a truly unique year for the oscars. BD/BP split is almost guaranteed. BP is totally up in the air.

I don't really care for the sag awards in general. They always leave out great films if there are zero or only one acting nom. I think this is a truly unique year for the oscars. BD/BP split is almost guaranteed. BP is totally up in the air.

Statistics don't lie. They are meant to be broken, but they still offer some pretty definitive projections of the race each year. Especially big ones like SAG ensemble. (even Slumdog got a Ensemble with no individual noms)

Statistics don't lie. They are meant to be broken, but they still offer some pretty definitive projections of the race each year. Especially big ones like SAG ensemble. (even Slumdog got a Ensemble with no individual noms)

Wasn't Dev Patel nominated in supporting that year?

The Academy has a serious hard-on for Robert Richardson. They've awarded him 3 Oscars already and still put him in competition practically every chance they get. What's funny is that he has like 10 ASC nominations (compared to 8 Oscar noms) to date, but he has yet to win there. What's also funny to me is that I think he did his best job ever on Shutter Island and never received any major nominations for that.

Edited by Jake Gittes

'Cause the Academy has a hard-on for both RR and 3D... perfect combination. Seriously, I'm no fan of Tree of Life, but its cinematography snub was last year's worst one.

Maybe now that Lubezki has made a 3D film with Gravity they'll finally give it to him... it's about damn time.