MovieGuyKyle17

Weekend Actuals page 66 TA: 55.6m BS: 25.5m ; SW EP1 $293!

Nevermind, Mojo says it was under a million short

Mojo's number is just gross divided by ticket price index. If you really want admission numbers, best to dig deeper for 3D split and then reverse calculate it from there.

You can minimize two 200+ million dollar bombs within 3 months but its pretty unprecedented.Has any other actor ever done this badly?

Film only began to cost 200 mill for a tentpole on a consistent basis recently.

Congratulations for THE AVENGERS its $450m+ in 17 days. The old record was 27 days by TDK... Avatar took 28 days to reach that point... for Titanic it took 81 days. :lol:

And look at the run Titanic had after day 81.
  • Like 3

Congratulations for THE AVENGERS its $450m+ in 17 days. The old record was 27 days by TDK... Avatar took 28 days to reach that point... for Titanic it took 81 days. :lol:

You're laughing at how long it took Titanic to hit 450m from ticket prices 15 years ago?

You're laughing at how long it took Titanic to hit 450m from ticket prices 15 years ago?

I'm not laughing, that's my celebration emoticon. I value what Titanic did as much as I value what The Avengers is doing right now.

I don't agree. If the studio doesn't have complete faith in the director then they shouldn't have hired said director. We got Stanton's John Carter, and I'd take that over Disney and Stanton's John Carter. At least we got a sole vision on screen.

Yep. I sure as hell wouldn't trust someone like Jerry Bruckheimer to make a better film than Stanton did.

Apples and oranges. Bruckheimer doesn't make movies, he produces them.

But if they put him in charge of it rather than Stanton's Pixar buddies, his vision would've been compromised a lot more than it was. Edited by tribefan695

Those were after O11. Before that he was just another pretty face. And keep this in mind, Kitsch's first two films are bombs, but they will collectively gross about 150 mill. It's not his fault that they made the budget so out of whack.

Hope you mean in terms of box office only.... Pitt has been making fantastic films his entire career. Fight Club, Se7en, Snatch, 12 Monkeys.... Those all became financially successful eventually too.

Hope you mean in terms of box office only.... Pitt has been making fantastic films his entire career. Fight Club, Se7en, Snatch, 12 Monkeys.... Those all became financially successful eventually too.

Of course I'm talking box office. :)

But if they put him in charge of it rather than Stanton's Pixar buddies, his vision would've been compromised a lot more than it was.

no Bruckheimer is good at letting directors do what they want. And based on what I hear John Carter wasn't the greatest despite not having any interference

no Bruckheimer is good at letting directors do what they want. And based on what I hear John Carter wasn't the greatest despite not having any interference

I don't care whether it was a masterpiece or a total misfire. I want the filmmakers to be able to own their work, and I don't see how Bruckheimer's influence could've improved the film in any way. Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1