MovieGuyKyle17

Weekend Actuals page 66 TA: 55.6m BS: 25.5m ; SW EP1 $293!

I think it's always kind of risky, and sometimes stupid, to give a director complete freedom to do whatever the hell he wants after making hit movie/movies.

Well they had a change in leadership at Disney. The new guy came from Disney television and had no experience with feature films.

I think it's always kind of risky, and sometimes stupid, to give a director complete freedom to do whatever the hell he wants after making hit movie/movies.

I don't agree. If the studio doesn't have complete faith in the director then they shouldn't have hired said director. We got Stanton's John Carter, and I'd take that over Disney and Stanton's John Carter. At least we got a sole vision on screen.
  • Like 2

Brad Pitt is not even a big box office draw now to begin with, more of a celebrity due to his looks and relationship with Jolie than an actual huge BO name .

Eh? When was the last time a BP film bombed? He doesn't bring in blockbuster money but he's a very consistent draw even in dramas or indies like Moneyball, Burn After Reading... Not to mention Ben Button and Basterds both did big money with Pitt as lead.

Dictator actually had a good 5-day multiplier, which leads me to believe it won't immediately disappear like Bruno did. I don't know who Paramount is fooling with that Sunday projected drop, though. I had Battleship at 25m and it looks like I was more or less right. It's an unmitigated bomb. Avengers needs a 3.6x multiplier to hit 600m. Last weekend it needed a 3.2x. Memorial Day will make or break it.

One of the most awful weekends of all time. Hyperbole, shmyperbole.

Battleship's expectations were so low and it went down even more. WTEWYE with all the stars and book turned out to be one of the most awful rom-com OWs of all-time and Dictator with 5 days could still not even beat Bruno's 3 day or Battleship's 3 day.

Then, the Avengers gets a shitty drop. Yeah, I said it. It's fine and dandy to say it's total is not disappointing. But look at the awful openers and it managed to not break sub-40%.

To top it all off, everything else is massacred, from WHAT exactly? -55% drops for the rom-coms and etc when WTEWYE gets close to nothing? Actions films get massacred some more from the non-opening of BS. Only the Hunger Games and Marigold are bright spots in an embarrassing pathetic showing.

The June openers better step up because MiB 3 is definitely sputtering and the whole "recession over" talks, well bullshit.

hollywood is all about perception most of the time and right now kitsch is a 2 mega-bomb star but as JC is only film i've seen him in so far i can't say much about his acting , i find him a bit generic so we'll see , i've also never watch friday night lights !maybe this is what he needs, fire his agent then start off with little roles for a year before trying to get back on that horse!

Eh? When was the last time a BP film bombed? He doesn't bring in blockbuster money but he's a very consistent draw even in dramas or indies like Moneyball, Burn After Reading... Not to mention Ben Button and Basterds both did big money with Pitt as lead.

Those were after O11. Before that he was just another pretty face. And keep this in mind, Kitsch's first two films are bombs, but they will collectively gross about 150 mill. It's not his fault that they made the budget so out of whack.

hollywood is all about perception most of the time and right now kitsch is a 2 mega-bomb star but as JC is only film i've seen him in so far i can't say much about his acting , i find him a bit generic so we'll see , i've also never watch friday night lights !maybe this is what he needs, fire his agent then start off with little roles for a year before trying to get back on that horse!

Well he may not have a choice. But I'm pretty sure he was offered a lot more money for these blockbuster roles than he would be for small films. I don't blame him for going for the money.

“@PublicSpeakin11: @ERCboxoffice Thanks. If that Sat number holds surely the estimated Sunday drop is too big? Especially as Monday's a Canadian holiday.” “@ERCboxoffice: @PublicSpeakin11 It will probably over-perform, I agree.”ERC said on twitter that the Sunday number will probably overperform. :lol:

Ironically, everyone is talking about the prospects of Taylor Kitsch turning around his career without mentioning another movie that happens to be out right now. In my mind, starring in a couple of bombs (that don't have much to do with the star) don't increase an actor's risk factor as much as, oh I don't know, getting high and falling asleep in a neighbor's kids bed, yet here we are. Point is, Kitsch still has a lot of time to define himself as a legitimate movie star.

• Like 1