MovieGuyKyle17

Weekend Actuals page 66 TA: 55.6m BS: 25.5m ; SW EP1 $293!

:lol: Sorry I was just wondering if more people would go to the films since its not a time to go outdoors.

It was 85 the last two days. I definitely spent more time outside.

There is a giant solar eclipse happening or at least out here, so I'm wondering how many will go to the movies is all ;) Since its not something you want to be outdoors during.

Oh okay. I didn't even know that.

You know, he could be.

Pitt had some big bombs in his career.

For example, "Cool World" was supposed to be a big breakthrough for him, but bombed pathetically (and it cost a fortune - at that time). Some argued that "Troy" only grossed a fraction of what was originally estimated (more like $180-200M domestic, not $130M), Let's not forget about "Meet Joe Black", "Seven Years in Tibet", "The Devil's Own","Spy Game", "Sinbad", "Fight Club", and "Happy Feet 2". All of those were either flat out bombs or were projected to do far better than they did.

Despite all of that, Pitt is considered a success - partly due to his overseas appeal and because of the hits he has generated. JC and BS may have bombed here, but both have grossed over $200M internationally. So...

I don't care about Kitsch - I never even watched "Friday Night Lights". But I often feel way too much credit is given to an actor when a film is successful. Conversely, the actor takes too much blame as well. In reality, few times can an actor really take credit. For example, Downey Jr. deserves tons of credit for the success of "Iron Man" and the films that followed (same with "Sherlock Homes"). But does anyone really credit Shia LaBeouf with the success of the "Transformers" films?

I agree 100% people are writing Taylor burial a little early. Some of my favorite actors had slumps and flops but it's not about how many flops you have, it's about how GOOD your HITS are, cause that what people remember you buy. Brad Pitt broke 100 Million 10 times over 32 films in his career. Over half of the other 22 films either bombed or under performed. Yet Brad is one of the biggest stars in the world cause his HITS are really good. And even some of his under performing films he acted very well in them. So Taylor had a tough year but his career is far from over, he just needs to start slow and work his way back to where he was this year. But wow, John Carter and Battleship was big bombs, and back to back too that's what makes it worst but I think he will survive it. Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 1

Problem with Taylor Kitsch is that he had zero track record and he was given two 200-250 million dollar movies. Both movies will end up being two of the biggest Domestic bombs of recent years. He is not going to get a lot of big roles any time soon.

Problem with Taylor Kitsch is that he had zero track record and he was given two 200-250 million dollar movies. Both movies will end up being two of the biggest Domestic bombs of recent years. He is not going to get a lot of big roles any time soon.

Good looks + OK acting ability does not necessarily = stardom.Charisma is way more important. Say what you want about Shia, at least he has charisma.
  • Like 1

exactly. imagine if will smith had two big budgeted bombs in a year. his career would practically be over. and he has an impressive track record. you can't really compare to what was happening in the 90s with brad pitt. these are different times. people are more impatient. they want you to prove yourself immediately. kitsch has the advantage of being unknown to the gen public, but i doubt producers would want to associate with him for a while.

Good looks + OK acting ability does not necessarily = stardom.Charisma is way more important. Say what you want about Shia, at least he has charisma.

that's not OK acting. Taylor Kitsch had pretty weak acting.

Can't believe that there are some folks at KJ caling TA 3rd weekend drop a disappointment. :wtf:

Comparing to some people's predictions it is (like the 70m club). Or it's just they didnt make sense at all in the first place. :P Edited by vc2002

Comparing to some people's predictions it is (like the 70m club). Or it's just they didnt make sense at all in the first place. :P

The original prediction for that club was $60m. I heard whispers about some things that can surprise you all tomorrow. I'll leave at that for the moment. :)

The drop they are giving to Avengers today is ridiculous. It will obviously fall much less today than what they are predicting.

Edited by CJohn

What drop are they predicting and who's predicting it?? Nikki???

Disney is predicting a 33% drop today. Avengers dropped 28% last Sunday. Why would it drop more than 28% this Sunday is a big mystery to me.

Calm down, keep your blood in your head and your feet on the ground. Tomorrow may hold good news. And I'm not talking only about Sunday's drop. ;)

Are they announcing an XMen vs. Avengers movie with Peter Parker making a guest appearance?