Neo

The Magnificent Seven | 9/23/16 | Reviews coming in - not exactly Magnificent

Director: Antoine Fuqua
Writer: Original Draft: Nic Pizzolatto (Re-write: John Lee Hancock)

Producer(s): Roger Birnbaum and Todd Black and Walter Mirisch

Executive Producer: Antoine Fuqua

Distributor: SONY

Finance: SONY & MGM

Production Company: MGM

Starring:
Denzel Washington (A bounty hunter)

Chris Pratt ... Farraday (A magician turned gambler

Haley Bennett

Matt Bomer ... (The woman’s husband, a man who tries to stand up to the robber baron)

Ethan Hawke ( A sharpshooting war deserter)

Vincent D’Onofrio (A mountain man with an unsavory past that includes killing Native Americans)

Luke Grimes

Wagner Moura ... Vasquez (A caballero with a bounty on his head)

Jason Momoa (Villain)

Byung-hun Lee ... Billy Rocks (A sharpshooting war deserter)

Filming starts in April.
__________________________________________________________________________________
NEWS
Tom Cruise to Ride with The Magnificent Seven
Matt Damon, Kevin Costner, Morgan Freeman for 'Magnificent Seven'?
MGM Hires Novelist Nic Pizzolatto to Draft The Magnificent Seve

John Lee Hancock Rewriting The Magnificent Seven for MGM

Has ‘THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN’ Remake Found Its Director!?!

Director Antoine Fuqua Ponders Magnificent Seven, Equalizer 2, Narco-Sub

HOT SCOOP: Denzel Washington in MAGNIFICENT SEVEN???

‘Equalizer’ Director Antoine Fuqua on Denzel Washington’s Work Ethic, ‘Magnificent Seven’ Remake

The Magnificent Seven Dreamcast (w/Tom Cruise) -

Michael Fassbender

Christopher Waltz

Brad Pitt

Russell Crowe

Javier Bardem

Sean Penn

My Top 5 Directors for The Magnificent Seven

Andrew Dominik

Clint Eastwood

Christopher Cain

Michael Mann

Darren Aronofsky

My Top 5 Writers for The Magnificent Seven

David Webb Peoples

James Vanderbilt

Steven Zaillian

Robert Rodat

John Logan

• Like 1

Neo your cast skews too old and too huge for the most part. Assuming the film follows the template of the original M7 and Seven Samurai, the big actors would be Cruise as the Yul Brynner role, a second big (almost equal) name for the Mifune/McQueen role, and a strong name for the bandit leader (assuming they go with Mexico again it'll be best to cast a Hispanic actor here, so Bardem is possible). And then you need a mid-20s actor to play the "kid" role from both films. The other 4 members of the 7 should be strong character actors in their 30s and early 40s.

Neo your cast skews too old and too huge for the most part. Assuming the film follows the template of the original M7 and Seven Samurai, the big actors would be Cruise as the Yul Brynner role, a second big (almost equal) name for the Mifune/McQueen role, and a strong name for the bandit leader (assuming they go with Mexico again it'll be best to cast a Hispanic actor here, so Bardem is possible). And then you need a mid-20s actor to play the "kid" role from both films. The other 4 members of the 7 should be strong character actors in their 30s and early 40s.

We don't know how they are going to play it cast wise, they could go your way or mine. I was thinking an O11 cast or an Avengers type cast, all A-listers for the main roles.

I think we see A-listers differently. For me, an A-lister is a bonafide star with a big name and proven drawing capacity.The only "A-listers" in the O11 cast were Clooney, Pitt, and Damon, with Roberts in O11, Roberts/Zeta-Jones in O12, and Pacino in O13.The only A-listers in The Avengers were RDJ, ScarJo, and Samuel L. Hemsworth and Renner are on their way to the A-list but they won't reach it until they open a movie strongly without the help of Marvel.Having 8 A-Listers in a film is insanely expensive and it's only been done affordably when the movie is such that the stars take major paycuts in order to be a part of it because the film's that important (politically, socially, etc).

Edited by 4815162342

I remember when Brad Pitt complained he felt like second fiddle to Tom in Interview with The Vampire. Maybe leave him out of dreamcast?

Yeah, but that was the year that Pitt just started to break out in the movie business, now he is a bonafide star.

There`s no freakin way that those A listers will be in a Cruise movie. Any movie with Cruise must give best scenes and lines to Cruise. That`s a common knowledge. You really think JGL would fight in low gravity in Inception if Cruise was the lead? Yeah, me neither. It`s not knocking on him, just how Cruise brand works. He`s the old-fashioned movie star.If you put Brad, Matt or Leo in his place, than, yeah, you can expect other cast members will shine too.Now, who`s gonna play the female Magnificent? You know that shit is happening.

Edited by fishnets