Moonrise Kingdom

28 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Moonrise Kingdom

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

^I live in the UK, and I haven't checked the numbers but I'm pretty sure it's not doing nearly as well over here.

Ah, I see. Yah, it would be insane for a theatre in the US to pull Moonrise Kingdom. That wouldn't happen unless the distributor asked them to pull it.

Just got back <3Great movie. Deadpan humor is everywhere (Sam gets struck by lightning, continues to run away) and everyone does a perfect job of acting like someone from the 60s. The movie also LOOKS very pretty. There's a lot of panning shots (the first few minutes during the opening credits has the camera panning around a house) that show the scenery very nicely. The soundtrack is also great. Best movie of the year so far (not that hard to be though...) and I hope it does well enough for BP!

It's nothing new for Wes Anderson, and that's really just the way I want it. Great performances (those kids are real finds!), I loved the tone and look, and it's superbly crafted throughout. The score, which I had big expectations for given Desplat's Fantastic Mr. Fox score is one of my favorites of the decade, didn't disappoint either. Could be the best movie I've seen all year.

Wes Anderson rollcall!

Royal Tenenbaums- A

Fantastic Mr. Fox- A

Moonrise Kingdom- A-

Rushmore- B+

Bottle Rocket- B+

Life Aquatic- B+

Darjeeling Limited- B-

I liked Darjeling Limited (strange that I liked it) and I thought Tennenbaums was very over rated. Life Aquatic was ok....that's all I've seen.

You can tell from watching a minute of it that this is a Wes Anderson film. His unique markings are all over this film. You're not going to like this film if you don't like his style, but for those who do, (myself included) it's wholly satisfying. I love how the film is modeled after photographs from the 60s, and Anderson found some really good child actors. It's not for everyone, but I loved it.

A-

Best film of the year so far.

• Like 1

I loved the authentic comedy. I loved the love story. I loved the general downfall of events. This film was like the dude from A Serious Man as a kid. Very few films can leave me utter speechless and this was one of them. Can't wait to pick this one up on Blu Ray!A!