hasanahmad

Tuesday box office estimates 5/23/2012 Avengers 4.8 BS 2.2 Dictator 2.1

Very good number for TA. I think its following IM2 and Wednesday drop should be 10-13% rather than IM2's 7%.

Yea, it's a very good hold. I'm surprised.

Yes. He has been wrong every time. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's wierd that both their usernames is with only three letters and they both hate popular movies. I am thinking double account to balance the universe. :lol:

Very good number for TA. I think its following IM2 and Wednesday drop should be 10-13% rather than IM2's 7%.

I may be wrong but i think wednesday drop will be in the twenties, tuesday was stronger than in past years.

Yes. But a lot more subtle. He gets his digs in here and there. He's predicted the bottom would fall out for the Avengers since day 1. 1.1 billion dollars later he's still doing it.

I am thinking conspiracy. I don't know if there was a RTX poster back in BOM, do any of you know if there was?

Yes. But a lot more subtle. He gets his digs in here and there. He's predicted the bottom would fall out for the Avengers since day 1. 1.1 billion dollars later he's still doing it.

1.2B. ;)

I am thinking conspiracy. I don't know if there was a RTX poster back in BOM, do any of you know if there was?

LOL I don't know about all of that. At the end of the day, it's just another person expressing their opinion. I just laugh and keep it moving.

I may be wrong but i think wednesday drop will be in the twenties, tuesday was stronger than in past years.

You maybe right but I don't see twenties drop today. TA has followed reasonably close to IM2 and that had 7% drop on Wednesday since TA had better Monday and Tuesday hold I am assuming slightly worse drop for Wednesday, to around 10-13%.

After looking at this number more. Its absolutely fantastic. TA's number is 2.67 times IM2 and 2.18 times IM1. If it follows IM1 it finishes over 664M and IM2 it finishes over 620M. IM1 scenario is unlikely but IM2 is definitely doable and 600M should happen for TA now.

• Like 3

In regard to TA, there is concern that the Friday bounce could be muted to some extent. Is that based on past BO trends? In my area all of the schools are closed on Friday, so I'm thinking that may actually help. I wonder how many other areas have that day off, too.

And that is great for the Dictator. It's doing good things overseas too.

Just trying to put things in perspective... percentage wise yes, that's a very good number for the Dictator. In terms of actual money, though, doesn't that have to be considered a disappointment? It looks like it is on the way to a Bruno-like $60-70M haul, at best. In no way impressive.

After looking at this number more. Its absolutely fantastic. TA's number is 2.67 times IM2 and 2.18 times IM1. If it follows IM1 it finishes over 664M and IM2 it finishes over 620M. IM1 scenario is unlikely but IM2 is definitely doable and 600M should happen for TA now.

I mentioned this yesterday, but I still think it ends with 620. The legs will start getting much better after it drops by about 50% the weekend after this.

In regard to TA, there is concern that the Friday bounce could be muted to some extent. Is that based on past BO trends? In my area all of the schools are closed on Friday, so I'm thinking that may actually help. I wonder how many other areas have that day off, too.Just trying to put things in perspective... percentage wise yes, that's a very good number for the Dictator. In terms of actual money, though, doesn't that have to be considered a disappointment? It looks like it is on the way to a Bruno-like $60-70M haul, at best. In no way impressive.

I think if this ends with 70 mill that is far from a disappointment. Borat is an exception the Cohen, not the norm.
  • Like 1

In regard to TA, there is concern that the Friday bounce could be muted to some extent. Is that based on past BO trends? In my area all of the schools are closed on Friday, so I'm thinking that may actually help. I wonder how many other areas have that day off, too.

IM2 jumped 141%, Thor jumped 161% since TA is behaving closely to IM2 I am expecting a 140-150% jump on Friday. I definitely don't see a muted jump on Friday more like a normal jump.

I mentioned this yesterday, but I still think it ends with 620. The legs will start getting much better after it drops by about 50% the weekend after this.

I am expecting around 620-625M as well but all it needs is a great hold and 650M comes into picture.

Not liking the number. It makes reaching 500m by Saturday very difficult.

Yea, and in the end the only thing that matters is the SOTM question...lol (I have Saturday also).