hasanahmad

Tuesday box office estimates 5/23/2012 Avengers 4.8 BS 2.2 Dictator 2.1

This theater is more representative of America.http://www.fandango....?date=5/25/2012

Did you compare Thursday and Friday at the theater you linked? TA is losing one 2D showing... not a screen, just a showing (going from 10 to 9)... and it is losing a few 3D showings. That's not significant.

However I think TA 3d share has gone down a lot.Ever since opening weekend I have hardly seen 3D sellouts.

Exactly!!!I think audiences have a clear preference for saving a few bucks and viewing a post-processed movie like TA in 2D, rather than in 3D. So losing 3D showings should not hurt very much.

Did you compare Thursday and Friday at the theater you linked? TA is losing one 2D showing... not a screen, just a showing (going from 10 to 9)... and it is losing a few 3D showings. That's not significant.

Exactly!!!

I think audiences have a clear preference for saving a few bucks and viewing a post-processed movie like TA in 2D, rather than in 3D. So losing 3D showings should not hurt very much.

Especially if it gains more 2D show times.

So Rth was wrong again. I guess we should stop pressurizing him into giving us early numbers. Late numbers will probably mean they are more accurate.

What?!?Rth said "about 5M", which is where the estimate came in. 4.8 is about 5. The final number could be even closer when we get it later.

What?!?

Rth said "about 5M", which is where the estimate came in. 4.8 is about 5. The final number could be even closer when we get it later.

I hope so. 5M is a lot different from 4.75M, just go through Monday's thread and read the reactions there.

I guess I got carried away from that thread and Rth's accuracy in the past.

I hope so. 5M is a lot different from 4.75M, just go through Monday's thread and read the reactions there.I guess I got carried away from that thread and Rth's accuracy in the past.

His Monday number was spot on as well. 5.5-5.7M and it came in at 5.68M.

His Monday number was spot on as well. 5.5-5.7M and it came in at 5.68M.

Yup. Rth's accuracy is like high 90s, its only when its off and on the lower side that I'm disappointed.Also I didnt say that this was a bad number for TA.Its like baumer getting upset for the BSG when the numbers are 0.5% off :P Edited by artist

Yup. Rth's accuracy is like high 90s, its only when its off and on the lower side that I'm disappointed.Also I didnt say that this was a bad number for TA.Its like baumer getting upset for the BSG when the numbers are 0.5% off :P

Baumer is crazy though. :lol: Meltdowns are part of his dna.
  • Like 2

You guys are going to be really sad if RTH stops posting.I appreciate his updates. Good work.

Hey, I didnt PM him and then trolled the board with his numbers withheld and then ending up getting it all blowing in the face.Neither did I have a beer like baumber :P