hasanahmad

Tuesday box office estimates 5/23/2012 Avengers 4.8 BS 2.2 Dictator 2.1

Don't a number of 3D screens show 2D movies . I think Avengers will lose more 2D screens than 3D screens while DS and BS will lose a lot of their screens

This. Both times I've seen TA, it has been in 2D on a screen that was equipped for 3D. A lot of theaters can project 3D on a multitude of screens now, to the extent that it exceeds the demand.

I'm with you, I don't see screen loss affecting TA this weekend.

What's the 3D share for Avengers now? If it's minimal then I don't see how losing those screens will be a big deal. Now Imax 3D may be another story. People like watching The Avengers in that format.

Its sharing IMAX screens with DS so complete IMAX loss isn't deadly.

Here is the share in my 2 close big theaters

‎12:00‎ ‎3:30‎ ‎4:45‎ ‎6:40‎ ‎8:00‎ ‎9:35pm‎

‎1:30‎3:25‎4:45‎6:40‎8:00‎9:55pm‎

its the only 3D movie showing in these theaters

What does this mean? Are those all 3D showings? Can you elaborate a little more on what I'm looking at.

What does this mean? Are those all 3D showings? Can you elaborate a little more on what I'm looking at.

look above. Thursday Avengers 3D had 6 screens, on friday its 3 3D screens. but this is only in my city I don't know about others. do look at your local city type in 'Showtimes' in google and it will automatically pop up the screens for today, thursday and friday Edited by Hasan Ahmad

look above. Thursday Avengers 3D had 6 screens, on friday its 3 3D screens. but this is only in my city I don't know about others. do look at your local city type in 'Showtimes' in google and it will automatically pop up the screens for today, thursday and friday

Oh okay. When I was talking about 3D share I meant the share of the box office take. But I get what you're saying.

So Rth was wrong again. I guess we should stop pressurizing him into giving us early numbers. Late numbers will probably mean they are more accurate.

He was right yesterday.

So Rth was wrong again. I guess we should stop pressurizing him into giving us early numbers. Late numbers will probably mean they are more accurate.

Why was he wrong? He said 5M and estimate was 4.8M. Within .2M is pretty close in my book.

However I think TA 3d share has gone down a lot.Ever since opening weekend I have hardly seen 3D sellouts.

Even if there was little sellouts, the showings could have been pretty full - we can only guess. But this weekend it going to lose up to 50% of its 3D showings in some theaters, meaning 3D share is bound to drop.