What Directors Have a Perfect Track Record?

Pretty much. The longer someone is a director and cranks out films, the probability of making a false step goes up exponentially. Anyone can have a string of 4-5 very good to great films, but once you get near 10 something has to give.I wouldn't consider Tarantino to have a perfect record since I found Death Proof to be a mixed-bag at best. Likewise with Nolan, if you're going to count Following then I can't consider his record perfect since while it's not bad, it's still amatuerish and rough around the edges.

Weird, of the Grindehouse double feature I consider Planet Terror to be the dud. I enjoyed the hell out of Death Proof.

Just finished looking through the list of directors and most of them have at least one or two sub-par films. Also, there are several movies that I haven't seen from many of the directors.I think Cameron comes the closest for me, but I haven't seen The Abyss all the way through to properly rate that movie. And I'm not completely sold on True Lies.Bryan Singer (haven't seen Apt Pupil or Valkyrie) and Wolfgang Petersen (haven't seen a couple of his movies either) would also be on my short list.