Biggestgeekever

4 day Actuals pg 62+; MIB3 69.25m TA 47.22m

"Iceberg, right ahead!" Universal's BATTLESHIP suffered the biggest drop in the Top 10 as it sunk -58%, grossing $10.7M. Total is $44.2M

Posted Image
  • Like 5

The only way AE hits that number is if a) it has brilliant marketing b ) it's a great movie so it has a good IM and c) M. Night Shyamalan's name is never once mentioned in ANY marketing materials. Which kinda ties into a) but needs to be emphasized. Otherwise forget it.

Doesn't it come out a week after Fast 6 and Hangover 3? Everything's going to cannibalize everything else next summer

I dont think AE can be a hit.

Could be a minor one. But at this point I'd be surprised if it managed to go over $150m. And even if Shyamalan finally breaks his streak and makes a decent movie out of it, I can't see it coming anywhere near $200m.

Doesn't it come out a week after Fast 6 and Hangover 3? Everything's going to cannibalize everything else next summer

No. Lone Ranger is in that position :lol: Edited by CJohn

Two weeks after F6 and H3 (though I have little doubt one of them will move), a week after Lone Ranger (a wild-card itself) and a week before Man of Steel.

Marvel's mightiest swooped up $36.9M for the 3-Day & $47.1M for the extended holiday. Through Monday, THE AVENGERS will have amassed $523M.

Marvel's mightiest swooped up $36.9M for the 3-Day & $47.1M for the extended holiday. Through Monday, THE AVENGERS will have amassed $523M.

It's great how they guess Monday #'s without it even being Monday yet.
  • Like 1