Biggestgeekever

4 day Actuals pg 62+; MIB3 69.25m TA 47.22m

Well I suppose if you focus exclusively on the one film.

I'm not focussing exclusively on the one film. I'm following all the films. But one I like a lot is breaking records and making history. It's fun to watch and it's fun for me. If you don't care about the one film then I can understand this not being fun for you.

Well I suppose if you focus exclusively on the one film.

I greatly prefer seeing bad movies tank instead of seeing bad movies make bank, and thats pretty much what's happened in May so far. It's even better when a really good movie shatters records at the same time.A 'better' May box office wise wouldve meant something like Battleship doing well, and I prefer not to live in a world where that happens. Edited by Orestes

I greatly prefer seeing bad movies tank instead of seeing bad movies make bank, and thats pretty much what's happened in May so far. It's even better when a really good movie shatters records.A 'better' May box office wise wouldve meant something like Battleship doing well, and I prefer not to live in a world where that happens.

I'm talking more about the current weekend. I said before I was fine with TA dominating for most of May, but there comes a point where other movies have to do well to fill the void that it's created, which is not happening which makes it boring.

I greatly prefer seeing bad movies tank instead of seeing bad movies make bank, and thats pretty much what's happened in May so far. It's even better when a really good movie shatters records at the same time.A 'better' May box office wise wouldve meant something like Battleship doing well, and I prefer not to live in a world where that happens.

Killer first post, welcome Orestes!

I'm talking more about the current weekend. I said before I was fine with TA dominating for most of May, but there comes a point where other movies have to do well to fill the void that it's created, which is not happening which makes it boring.

I guess I dont find it boring. A good bomb or an epic flop can be just as exciting as a smash hit, especially when the bomb or flop is a film of questionable quality.Though I suppose I can see what you mean about this weekend in particular, since it looks like MIB3 is doing more or less what was expected of it, and there's nothing interesting about that. Edited by Orestes

i'm with you, but MIB3 is doing bad because MIB2 sucked. Now this is paying the price. i doubt it's underperforming because of TA

i'm with you, but MIB3 is doing bad because MIB2 sucked. Now this is paying the price. i doubt it's underperforming because of TA

Well if Avengers Friday comes in at 11-12m instead of the 9.5m then I would say Avengers is affecting it.

MIB 2 was TEN YEARS ago. I barely remember it existed. Edited by iJackSparrow

the same thing happened to Mission Impossible. the second one sucked, the third one underperformed (by studio standards/expectations)

I think Mission Impossible III had to do with being Tom's first big blockbuster after his crazy loony summer of '05 (couch jumping, Lauer fight, the whole TomKat frenzy) so he had become a very polarizing figure in a very short amount of time.

Well if Avengers Friday comes in at 11-12m instead of the 9.5m then I would say Avengers is affecting it.

Spot on..9,5 mill would be a regular increase12 mill would be stealing