rockNrollaDIM

Fri: SW 20.3m; MIB 8.3m; TA 5.65m/Sat DHD: SW 21.5m; MIB 12m; TA 9m

Yep, It'll be about midnight PST, or midnight forums time before we get an update.....which is about 6 hours from now.

Yep, It'll be about midnight PST, or midnight forums time before we get an update.....which is about 6 hours from now.

6 hours? I think I will just go to sleep :lol: It is almost 2 AM here.

Just got back from seeing SW. It was good bu nothing spectacular. Theron and the dwarves were easily the best part of the movie. Probably could have worked a little better had it not been quite so serious. The dwarves brought some much needed humor to the movie but there could have been a little more. I agree about the romance aspect. Not sure why they didn't follow through with that. I mean, the movie is called Snow White AND the Huntsman, LOL. Also, the battle sequence at the end wasn't quite as epic as though it would be. It didn't last all that long. I did like that scene with those black glass things attacking the Huntsman and the other fighters in the room. That was pretty cool.

I agree about the romance aspect. Not sure why they didn't follow through with that. I mean, the movie is called Snow White AND the Huntsman, LOL.

If trying to cast Mortensen and Jackman in the role was any indiction, the characters were never intended to have a romance.

I just checked the Regal Union in NY and Snow White is doing really well there. 9 of its first 11 shows have sold out. That's a significant improvement over last night. Surprisingly the AMC Empire 25 in NY, which is the busiest theater in the country, isn't playing Snow White. They have a bunch of indie movies playing instead. Weird.

Regal Union Square had a lot of sell outs last night as well for SWATH looks like they added a show as well. That has to be one busy theater. MIB3 has 2 sell outs, The Dictator has 2, THG has 1, Moonrise Kingdom has 7, Avengers has 4 and even THG has 1.I like checking that theater for sell outs.

Regal Union Square had a lot of sell outs last night as well for SWATH looks like they added a show as well. That has to be one busy theater. MIB3 has 2 sell outs, The Dictator has 2, THG has 1, Moonrise Kingdom has 7, Avengers has 4 and even THG has 1.I like checking that theater for sell outs.

Moonrise Kingdom 7 sell outs? That's awesome!

Moonrise Kingdom 7 sell outs? That's awesome!

It had more last weekend. But I think the movie is still only in 4 theaters total. So the sell outs are understandable.

Union Square is always a madhouse but at least doesn't have the kind of awful crowds seen at the Empire. It's also the most expensive multiplex in the city at $14.

Rth posted an article along with a list of the busiest movie theaters in NA. Empire is always at the top of the list. But I thought there were two.

Not a fan of SWATH but I'm really glad it's doing well so far after weeks of underwhelming performances from new releasesI hope MIB 3 holds well in the long run, really like that one

If trying to cast Mortensen and Jackman in the role was any indiction, the characters were never intended to have a romance.

True, but when they instead cast Hemsworth, that was a sign that the script might have been modified. I was actually a bit worried at first about that; the last thing I was wanting to see was another Twilight style love triangle movie. Very good call to basically avoid that.

Just closed up and here we go:Snow White1345(1124)MIB32D - 363(319)3D - 299(206)Total - 662(525)The Avengers2D - 384(226)3D - 169(164)Total - 553(390)() = Yesterday

Thanks a lot. Everything increased. Looks good.

That's the +20% I was looking for!Hope this Is a trend and not one off. Rallax how does your theater usually comp?

It skewed a bit higher than the rest of the country for Avengers. But SWATH could be different.