rockNrollaDIM

Fri: SW 20.3m; MIB 8.3m; TA 5.65m/Sat DHD: SW 21.5m; MIB 12m; TA 9m

The movie is not just or N.America. :)

No, it's not but most studios wouldn't be jumping up and down if they spent nearly 400M inclusive of marketing and the film made less than 200M domestically, unless it was making enormous amounts overseas which MIB3 doesn't seem to be.

MIB3 (total) budget is 400m?!?!?! Is that confirmed? :blink:

Including marketing is probably close to that.Studios are going crazy, just throwing money around.

Why are people calling SWATH increase shitty? I wanted a better increase too but there were many yesterday saying it would decrease. So I'm happy enough.

I can answer that question

It's because a disproportionate numbers of posters here have a shit-negative agenda for this movie.

As to why they have that agenda? That, I can't answer. Perhaps because they don't like the genre, perhaps they don't like Stewart. Some may have actually even disliked the movie, though that wouldn't explain the pre-release negativity by a few posters

How is it? TDK managed another $60m after the 5th weekend.

And TA is beating TDK in weekends and is basically matching it in weekdays now. It will pass 600 million and will probably end in the 615-630 range. Edited by Moviefanatic

"Here’s why the cost of MIB3 soared: The time travel elements of Etan Cohen’s script had to be re-worked by Jeff Nathanson who needed more time to pull off the tricky plot device while Cohen worked on another project. So the film shut down for about six weeks, which is a rarity for a major tentpole, and then Cohen came back to finish the movie. That caused the cost to skyrocket from a range of $225M (which is what Sony claims as the budget) to $300M (which is what rival studios say it really was)."

http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/men-in-black-3-opens-to-1-3m-midnights/#more-277999

^ The only official figure we have is 215m, I would take that number, marketing is probably 100m WW and that is covered by DVD etc, only needs 430M WW to make back its money, should finish well over 500m WW.Not bad.