Gopher

What Should Nolan do Next?

Following things i would want him to try1. Religious movie like Mohammad

Considering that it`s haram to depict him, that would be quite a challange to have the lead who cannot be seen and yet isn`t invisible. Edited by fishnets

An original film, any genre he wants, but something that stars a woman. He is a great writer, but I'll be darned if he's ever written a female character that isn't a cardboard cutout, eyecandy or an expository device. I want to see what his exceptional writing skills could do when exploring the female psyche.

Considering that it`s haram to depict him, that would be quite a challange to have the lead who cannot be seen and yet isn`t invisible.

The did it with "The Message" in 1977 and quite well. But a religious movie isn't really Nolan's ballpark. Edited by Fakhir

An original film, any genre he wants, but something that stars a woman. He is a great writer, but I'll be darned if he's ever written a female character that isn't a cardboard cutout, eyecandy or an expository device. I want to see what his exceptional writing skills could do when exploring the female psyche.

Oh, geez, Cocho, seriously, why attack Nolan for the crime that all film-makers save JC, QT and Winsome Whedon are gilty of? Even female directors like Bigelow don`t give a shit about female characters why would Nolan? Plus, Carrie Moss in Memento wasn`t half bad and Anne Hathaway looks great in TDKR. He`s paid his dues.Want exploration of female psyche? watch MTV. Snooki&JWOW, Teen Mom, etc have a lot to say about female psyche cause they are crazy popular with females. So is Twilight. Go figure. Edited by fishnets

Why on earth would you want a thoughtful, reserved introverted Englishman like Nolan to tackle something like a Mohammed biopic?!

Becasue religious movies are never thoughtful and intelligent but relentless SFX-ladden fawning over Superman, er, religious figure in the lead.I don`t want him to make any for I don`t care for that type of movies.Besides, Dune is the best book about religion and religious leader so that movie would do. Edited by fishnets

And here's an example of the segregation you were saying on the Elysium thread doesn't exist any longer. Respect other's beliefs.

Lol, you can't blame someone for being Black, Brown, White etc... you can blame them for believing in secret people watching them from invisible corners. And btw, Religion is the biggest source of division on the planet. Edited by Shpongle
  • Like 1

Lol, you can't blame someone for being Black, Brown, White etc... you can blame them for believing in secret people watching them from invisible corners. And btw, Religion is the biggest source of division on the planet.

What i said on the Elysium thread was that District 9 made us think about current prejudices and conditions prevailing in our society, while you said that there is not any segregation in the modern society though i think you were referring only to the racial aspect of segregation. What i wanted to say was that prejudices are not just limited to races, they are also widespread in religious and economic arenas as well. It is still segregation. And your coming to this thread and calling a person billions believe in "a religious nutjob" isn't very sensitive and it is segregative. Religion is the biggest source of division but let that division be respectful. Edited by Fakhir