Gopher

What Should Nolan do Next?

PJ is cheap so he deserves cheap shots. It`s really sad how much he`s pandering to fanboys and bloggers in order to be liked when there`s only one way to get appreciation and love - make better movies than dire KK and absolutely abominable TLB. No amount of sucking up to Knowles and TORN will change that.

There is a difference between being yourself/down to earth and 'pandering', PJ fighting the unions with all his might during pre production just proves how dedicated and passionate he is.

There is a difference between being yourself/down to earth and 'pandering', PJ fighting the unions with all his might during pre production just proves how dedicated and passionate he is.

Considering that his cast complained about low pay I`m wondering what passion we are talking about here. Passion to pay actors less sounds about right. Though I must agree with him that Shitto, Wenham, Astin,etc didn`t deserve better pay.Also, the guy isn`t down to earth because filming a movie about barefoot people while walking around barefoot isn`t down to earth. It`s a stunt, an image-making. And hobo dressing isn`t down to earth either when coupled with a request to change river run so his estate can have a lake. Edited by fishnets

Leave it to fish to turn a Nolan thread into a PJ thread.That being said, the idea of him doing DUNE is awesome. It fits well with his intellect: coolly distant, rational, somewhat clinical, but thought-provoking.

I honestly don`t see who else could do it justice. It`s an intellectual phylosophical book with some cool action but definitely not a summer blockbuster type. IMO, book split in 2 movies would be totally justified too.

You know, the fact that many people here want him to do adaptations next is kinda ridiculous. I mean, we always complain about how hollywood now lacks originality, and then when a guy full of ideas and also proven to be able to make his ideas work came on the table, you want him to do adaptations? WTH?

Edited by vc2002

You know, the fact that many people here want him to do adaptations next is kinda ridiculous. I mean, we always complain about how hollywood now lacks originality, and then when a guy full of ideas and also proven to be able to make his ideas work came on the table, you want him to do adaptations? WTH?

I'm a big fan of original films in general, and of course I'd welcome a new film from him.That being said, I'm a huge science-fiction fan too, and there are many classic SF books that either haven't been that well (DUNE) or haven't been done at all (countless, but three that would be awesome are Rendezvous With Rama, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress, and The Mote in God's Eye).

hello, most people stated they want him to do something original but if he has to adapt something since Hollywood adapts a ton so it`s likely he`ll do something like that in the future, people listed some stuff. Also, the man himself said he`d love to do Bond and those movies are really the same movie over and over again with different Bond girl and villain. So they are even less original than adaptations.

Something thats not sooperheero or "hip"(Inception lul). Don't get me wrong, I LOVE TDK, but If hes ever gonna be among the all time greats in my book, he needs to start to start aiming for all demographics, not just the millennial generation.

Something thats not sooperheero or "hip"(Inception lul). Don't get me wrong, I LOVE TDK, but If hes ever gonna be among the all time greats in my book, he needs to start to start aiming for all demographics, not just the millennial generation.

LOL WHAATT

Uh oh, nolanite nerdrage incoming.Batman appeals to everyone because, well... its Batman. But everything else he's done feels like its aimed at young people.

Following, Memento, Insomnia, Prestige for young people?