Gopher

What Should Nolan do Next?

Given that Christopher Nolan has produced a new film every 1.5-2 years since 2005, that the scope of producing TDKR probably took a lot out of him, and that he has Man of Steel coming up, I imagine he may take a break from directing for a bit. He certainly doesn't have any projects liked up for him right now. As of the last Empire issue he's said he's not doing a Howard Hughes movie, but he would be open to tackling Bond. What do you think? Bond would be nice (I'd push for a Michael Fassbender 007), but I want Nolan to do something small again. Maybe like a dark comedy. And by then Skyfall's sequel will already be produced, so he could try his luck there.

• Like 1

A raunchy comedy, like Epic Movie or Meet the Spartans.

:lol: Or American Pie: Were Getting too Old for This :PAlthough a lighthearted film by him would be a nice change of pace. I remember saying that mabye Scorsese should try something more light for once and people got upset. He then did this film called Hugo :P
  • Like 1

I'd love to see him do a straight drama. Like a book adaptation or something original. The true dramatic elements of TDK are what made it spectacular. It seems like he's doing the same with TDKR, but I want something out of the comic book/dream world.

I'd like to see him do a small suspense drama (a la Memento) or at the very least, something with a sub $100M budget, just to keep him grounded. IMO, if he continues to get $150M+ budgets, he could become complacent and thus his work will drop off in quality.