Totem

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey OS Thread: OVER 1B WW!

My point is that AUJ`s weakness in low competition should give studios courage to schedule strong competition against DoS and TABA as opposed to running away from those dates. AUJ is much closer to KK than to any LOTR movie so something that`s like Narnia to TH`s KK would be too awesome.Also, I`d love the twist in which ST:ItD makes much more money than DoS since TTT pummelled ST:Whatsitsface-with-Hardy so it would be a good twist that new ST is stronger than new LOTR. Not that I ever cared for old ST but I do for new one and I like to imagine it outgrossing the overrated dragon.

Edited by fishnets

What competition does DOS have?Right now impossible tell whether it will go up or down

Anchorman 2. Jack Ryan. Walter Mitty. Walking With Dinosaurs movie. Saving Mr Banks. 47 Ronin. Last Vegas. The Monument's Men. Bad Santa 2. And November holdovers like Hunger Games: Catching Fire and Frozen.No, I'm not really seeing how Smaug has worse competition than this year. At least not by any measure worth saying it'll cause much of a difference. Granted, that's domestic release dates maybe the international release dates line up differently and Thor 2 will be more head to head, I'm not sure. Edited by kowhite

Anchorman 2. Jack Ryan. Walter Mitty. Walking With Dinosaurs movie. Saving Mr Banks. 47 Ronin. Last Vegas. The Monument's Men. Bad Santa 2. And November holdovers like Hunger Games: Catching Fire and Frozen.No, I'm not really seeing how Smaug has worse competition than this year. At least not by any measure worth saying it'll cause much of a difference. Granted, that's domestic release dates maybe the international release dates line up differently and Thor 2 will be more head to head, I'm not sure.

that seems like typical competition any movie has. Hell some I would not call competition at all. It is not like some juggernaut like Iron Man 3 is opening right after it. I am pretty sure movies like Thor 2 and Catching Fire will have simultaneous release domestic and overseas

that seems like typical competition any movie has. Hell some I would not call competition at all. It is not like some juggernaut like Iron Man 3 is opening right after it. I am pretty sure movies like Thor 2 and Catching Fire will have simultaneous release domestic and overseas

That's what I'm thinking too, and really, Thor 2 and Catching Fire aren't actually worse competition than the November films this year (Skyfall and Twilight). Especially since we're talking international.I'm don't think the notion of Smaug having more competition really has any merit.
  • Like 1

Anchorman 2. Jack Ryan. Walter Mitty. Walking With Dinosaurs movie. Saving Mr Banks. 47 Ronin. Last Vegas. The Monument's Men. Bad Santa 2. And November holdovers like Hunger Games: Catching Fire and Frozen.No, I'm not really seeing how Smaug has worse competition than this year. At least not by any measure worth saying it'll cause much of a difference. Granted, that's domestic release dates maybe the international release dates line up differently and Thor 2 will be more head to head, I'm not sure.

I want Tauriel movies to be buried and slaughtered by competition and critics. I want them to lose #1 spot in the second week with a huge MOFO drop. I`m not forgiving this uncalled for attempt to egg my girl Katniss. I`m so fuckin pissed off you have no idea and I`m gonna defend my fave with the fire of thousands suns. Edited by fishnets

I want Tauriel movies to be buried and slaughtered by competition and critics. I want them to lose #1 spot in the second week with a huge MOFO drop. I`m not forgiving this uncalled for attempt to egg my girl Katniss. I`m so fuckin pissed off you have no idea and I`m gonna defend my fave with the fire of thousands suns.

What? o_o Crazy talk my friend...

I dunno, isn't boxing day supposed to be the busiest day? And Avengers opened on a bog-standard day, didn't it?But i guess for Hobbit that's good, since it's not this juggernaut as some of us expected.

Avengers opened on Anzac day which is another massive movie day. Boxing day is huge, but usually spread amongst many movies (Les Mis, Wreck it Ralph also this year). Avengers didn't have any competition (but also didn't have sessions until 1pm in most of the country as nothing is allowed to be open in the morning).So its still pretty impressive for The Hobbit, I'll compare its opening and second day to the LotR's and past christmas movies when I work tonight :)

Should be at least $4 from australia yesterday (wednesday), could get over $5 :) about 80% of avengers OD at my site. Which is fantastic!

nope it's all but equalled the avengers on Opening day with an opening of 5.925m down under. 3rd biggest OD ever behind only Harry Potter 8 and the avengers of course.EDIT: this is in AUD... converted it's closer to around 6.1m USD. OD alone... Edited by Jajang
  • Like 1