baumer

Weekend Estimates pg 60 Mad3 60.3 Prom 50.0

• Founder / Operator

Compared to Begins, TDK isn't quite as "uplifting" but I'm mainly referring to Gordon's monologue in that respect. Of all the things Nolan does well, knowing how to end a story/film ranks near the top IMHO. (One reason I'm quite confident in what TDKR will do.)

Compared to Begins, TDK isn't quite as "uplifting" but I'm mainly referring to Gordon's monologue in that respect. Of all the things Nolan does well, knowing how to end a story/film ranks near the top IMHO. (One reason I'm quite confident in what TDKR will do.)

I've no doubt that Nolan is ending the trilogy on a high.

Eh, I can back up his claim from my own experience at least. During my Avengers crowd, the TDKR trailer did receive a huge applause at the end (and the beginning even).

I must go to movies on another planet because I rarely see any reactions to trailers good or bad. Then again when I do go it's an early afternoon show.
  • Like 1

Funny, those of you claiming that Madagascar is a break out hit. Why is it a break out? Who expected it to do poorly here except 15-20 of you here? I didn't and I don't think most box office pundits did either.

• Like 2

• Founder / Operator

I must go to movies on another planet because I rarely see any reactions to trailers good or bad. Then again when I do go it's an early afternoon show.

To be fair, the screening I'm talking about was midnight (and again opening night as well). Sold out audience with a lot of fans.

Yep I always get that feeling when people talk about clapping and applause in cinemas. In the UK it's just not a 'done thing'.

• Founder / Operator

Funny, those of you claiming that Madagascar is a break out hit. Why is it a break out? Who expected it to do poorly here except 15-20 of you here? I didn't and I don't think most box office pundits did either.

I did think it would be underwhelming myself. The second film's legs were kinda lousy for the genre, and after KFP2 and Shrek 4 it seemed like DW was establishing a track record of disappointing sequels for itself.Mad3's biggest advantage is being the first animated movie of the summer. That was a good (or lucky?) move by P/DWA. I didn't give it enough credit at the beginning of the summer. Edited by ShawnMR

Already a sign of meh legs for Prometheus. That's not good.

Not sure how you arrived at that conclusion but Prometheus' weekend was ALWAYS going to be frontloaded, I could have called it months before.

I kind of felt the same way about TDK for awhile after I saw it. I found it pretty depressing and wasn't sure I wanted to see it again, but I've grown to like it as much as everyone else does on further viewings.

Interesting, I'll have to give it another try again.

I did think it would be underwhelming myself. The second film's legs were kinda lousy for the genre, and after KFP2 and Shrek 4 it seemed like DW was establishing a track record of disappointing sequels for itself.Mad3's biggest advantage is being the first animated movie of the summer. That was a good (or lucky?) move by P/DWA. I didn't give it enough credit at the beginning of the summer.

Your 140 pre-summer prediction was at least decent though. There were some here saying it would open to 30 mill and finish with 100-110.

Gotta disagree there, I quite like Alien 3, but Prometheus gets the edge in my book.

Maybe Prometheus will grow on me. Somehow I doubt it.Bottom line for me, I cared about what happened to Ripley in Alien 3, but didn't really care about anyone in Prometheus.
  • Like 3

Agreed. The few rumblings that have managed to get out definitely point in that direction.

From what I've seen in the trailer, we will most likely see Bane beat the living day lights out of Batman before Batman comes back stronger and defeats Bane.