baumer

Weekend Estimates pg 60 Mad3 60.3 Prom 50.0

They were drunk and didn't know any better.. It's the same movie all over again.. Bet if they had to do it all over again and the public knew what this was prior to seeing it, it wouldn't have made the $$$$ it did.. It just wasn't funny was the big problem..

A third one would probably still do ok. They would need to make it more original (how I have no idea) if they wanted to continue it past a third one though.

only 48 million from Prom.

Its done now.

Done?

It's a guaranteed money-maker at this point, even if legs here get worse and worse.

So much for the myth of the demise of the R rated blockbuster, though people will still blame the R ratiing for not making more money, never considering that a PG-13 might have deterred some adults from going to a movie of this nature in the first place, and that it was not exactly a family film to begin with.

Done?

It's a guaranteed money-maker at this point, even if legs here get worse and worse.

So much for the myth of the demise of the R rated blockbuster, though people will still blame the R ratiing for not making more money, never considering that a PG-13 might have deterred some adults from going to a movie of this nature in the first place, and that it was not exactly a family film to begin with.

Really?

How much did Prometheus cost to produce? It looks pricey.

That said, I'm sure some skunk at Deadline is going to say that it had a 125M marketing campaign, and that the studios only keep 35% of the gross, and that it won't make more than a few million in ancillary and that therefore it lost millions. :rolleyes:

Edited by rb02

We're already hearing rumblings about a Justice League movie. They have to be thinking about a Batman reboot to go along with it.

Yeah but word is they're going to make a realistic Justice League movie, so I guys they're going to copy Nolan's version for the Batman reboot.It's just a rumor though.

MIB will hit 170. It should stabilize starting next weekend. Proms drop is normal. I don't think WOM is terrible but it still should drop 55% or more next weekend. Swaths drop is shocking to me. 60%! WTF!

130M. So it should match that domestic, at the least; and more than double it with ease worldwide. Solid hit.

When did Fox become one of the smartest studios? They used to be the dumbest (after Universal).Maybe the smart drug from Rise of the Planet of the Apes is based on reality.

That is a sucker punch number for my Prometheus prediction. I really don't get the negative reception, I thought it was a good film and the UK audience seemed to like it a lot, so 50m opening and 150m total is disappointing. Probably the biggest disappointment of the year for me unless RoA misses 100m and TDKR 500m.