Phil in the Blank

Unpopular movie opinions.

I really don't like it. (I actually don't really like most animation. There's a few foreign ones here or there that I like each year, but for the most part animation is a huge no for me)

I really don't like it. (I actually don't really like most animation. There's a few foreign ones here or there that I like each year, but for the most part animation is a huge no for me)

Well obviously you like those, you pretentious fart 

:lol:

• Like 1

:P Last year I think I only liked Le Tableau; hated everything else. 

I had the sheer honor to meet Mr Jean-François Laguionie, director of Le Tableau, l'île de Black Mor (Black Mor's Island?) and Le château des singes (Monkeys castle?) when I was a infographic designer student. As wise and enlightening about his art than he is shy and reserved.

• Like 1

That is so fucking cool. 

Yeah our animation teacher who is one of the biggest Laguionie's fan organized a Q&A matinee meeting with him in our school so we watched some of his shorts before and then he discussed his whole animation career, how he tried to blend his traditional 2D drawing style with modern technology like CG (He was talking about Le Tableau which was still in production at that time). He visited our facility and we could show him what we were working on.

Really insightful and kind on his part since he is known to be a very rare and secretive man.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

What Ghibli films have you seen?

The Dark Knight is the most overrated film - while good, it's not godlike, like some here say it is.Fast & Furious: Tokyo Drift is actually a very fun movie, and is not shit.I found Shawshank quite boring and underwhelming.

All the 2013 BP noms were boring movies that seem calculated to tick boxes just to get the nom.

The Artist was SO bad it made want to kill everyone involved. The poster child for trying to win awards at the expense of making a decent film.

The Avengers gets boring after about 3 watches.

The Abyss is better than Avatar.