Phil in the Blank

Unpopular movie opinions.

Oh, Beasts of the Southern Wild was a Top 5 worst movie of the year. 

Do you only see awards-caliber movies? I can't explain this one any other way.  :lol:

Even if you hated what it was doing, Beasts tries more than 50% of the yearly lot. 

Do you only see awards-caliber movies? I can't explain this one any other way. :lol:Even if you hated what it was doing, Beasts tries more than 50% of the yearly lot.

No. I see almost everything that comes my way. But normally they all have at least one thing that was decent. Beasts was a shit turd thrown into a blender. Nothing good about it at all. I loathed the movie.

Let's face it, if Queen Meryl had a supporting part in it, you would've loved it. ;)

No. I've hated movies she's been in. (I'll love her of course, and rave her) But things like Evening, Manchurian Candidate, Lion for Lambs, and etc. are all awful movies(well without Queen Meryl, she made them into just below ok movies). But she was of course deserving of the Oscar. 

Captain America is one worst blockbusters in recent years.

Finally I found someone to agree with me.  I thought it was cheesy, generic, and very predictable.  Only reason it has a high RT rating is because everyone was on a Marvel high waiting for The Avengers.

The only good scene in CA was when he jumped on the grenade, but other than that it was just all-around hokey.

• Like 1

As for me:

Natalie Portman is an overrated actress, Black Swan was horrible with her hysterical whining and lying through her teeth about the dance scenes in order to whore the Academy. She didn't deserve an Oscar for that.

Nolan's Batman are his worst movies. I take Memento and The Prestige over those any day.

Drive is an overrated exercise in onanism. It's just Refn masturbating in a mirror speaking to himself how awesome he is. Gosling got the charisma of a wildebeest on Prozac cure.

Edited by dashrendar44