74 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Brave

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Wait, you wanted a sad ending? :mellow:

Same as when I thought it would have been incredibly tragic but awesome had WALL-E

not gotten his memory back.

That said, I really can't argue with the dissents much on this because it really just sounds like they wanted a different movie, whereas I was perfectly satisfied with it... In that case, it's just "my opinion is better than yours." I guess I understand people wanting it to be more grounded in reality; but I don't agree with it. Especially when they set it up in the beginning as being a magical world already with the wisps.I guess if I had to pick at it right now, I could say that I kinda hoped for a more epic story in terms of scope. Like Pixar's LOTR. But I'm not going to penalize them for not making it one.

I don't know, seems to me wanting everyone else to turn into bears would represent a further break from reality, especially since nothing in the story would really support that conclusion.I kind of see why one would think that about Wall-E's ending but dammit he deserves something for his troubles. And the movie was intended to end on a note of hope, not depression. Sure, the humans may restore the earth, but the audience mostly cares about Wall-E getting his girl.

Edited by tribefan695

I don't know, seems to me wanting everyone else to turn into bears would represent a further break from reality, especially since nothing in the story would really support that conclusion.I kind of see why one would think that about Wall-E's ending but dammit he deserves to have earned something for his troubles.

I don't think that having Merida and the king turning into bears being a sad ending. I sort of imagined that it would be like they would go off into the forest and live happily ever after as a family there.Oh, and those wisps are a total rip-off of Princess Mononoke. lol

I don't think that having Merida and the king turning into bears being a sad ending. I sort of imagined that it would be like they would go off into the forest and live happily ever after as a family there.

Maybe in a completely different story, but not in this one. No one likes being a bear. Edited by tribefan695

I don't think that having Merida and the king turning into bears being a sad ending. I sort of imagined that it would be like they would go off into the forest and live happily ever after as a family there.Oh, and those wisps are a total rip-off of Princess Mononoke. lol

Pixar's been known to borrow heavily from Miyazaki films so they could have.That said, I've seen wisps before Princess Mononoke. And they mentioned it's part of Scottish legend, so Miyazaki might have borrowed from Scotland. :)

I just saw it tonight.It was about the quality that I expected. I found the beginning quite boring and generic TBH, and Merida's mother really annoyed me. The second half of the movie as soon as she turns into a bear was much better,and there was much more action and emotion. I'm surprised at how scary and dark the bad bear was, but I guess that's why this is rated PG. The animation was good, not spectacular but the one thing that I thought stood out most about the film was Merida's hair. It was so beautifully rendered and awesome looking, throughout the movie I felt like I wanted to touch it and feel the texture.Overall: B

• Like 1

Brave2PMAbout 80% full at a theater that is rarley as crowded.Trailers (all got fantastic reactions):Despicable Me 2: Tons of laughs.The Hobbit: A bunch of "yes!" during the trailers and some nerd went "yay" when Smegol went "My preicious" okay that was me who went yay :lol:Hotel Translvania: Tons and tons of laughs.Wreck it Ralph: Great reaction-looks really funny.Nemo 3D: laughs.Monsters University: Fantastic reaction-looks great.Short film: Not that bad, not the best but still fun and great score.Movie: Very very good. The score was fantastic. The voice acting was good as well. The humor was great as was the adventure. The songs were not that bad either really helped set the mood. Loads and loads of fun. I can see why so many people love this film. To me it did not feel like that big of a pace change as some are saying. The script was well written. Still the music was my favorite part. At times this reminded me of Final Fantasy/Zelda.A+. Pixar's best since TS3 (oh wait :P) Okay it is great and I think this should win a couple of Oscars.The audience LOVED it.

• Like 1

After the reviews I was going in with lowered expectations and to be honest I can see what some of the critics were talking about - my wife even leaned over and said what happened to the happy/bright movie at the beginning. The film was good, don't get me wrong but you could feel and see the underlying disjointedness that was its production.A beautiful picture it is but not even top 5 as far as Pixar films goA-/B+

B+I really liked the music, odd first comment perhaps but I did.I felt it used animation tropes in a well done manner. The witch being the source of both the pain and unintentionally(perhaps) reconciliation of Merida and her mom. The use of the bears were funny. If Merida had been blonde i bet we'd have gotten a Goldilocks reference, especially with her 3 brothers in tow.Cute movie, worth seeing.

• Like 1

Saw this last week and I'd give it a B+/B.Solid movie. Not as good as Up (all time fav) and Finding Nemo but still a good Pixar movie. I thought the pacing was a bit slow for the first 30 min or so but really picked up afterwords. And I mean everything..intensity, comedy, emotion. Especially after her mom turns into a bear. Animation is beautiful as expected from a Pixar movie. I'd give the score an A+. Loved the music. Definitely Oscar worthy.

Great movie, pixar great.ACan anyone tell me the scene after the credits?My Pixar Ranking1. Wall-E 10.0 (A+)2. The Incredibles 10.0 (A+)3. Ratatouille 9.5 (A)4. Up 9.5 (A)5. Brave 9.5 (A)6. Monsters INC. 9.5 (A) 7. Toy Story 3 9.0 (A-)8. Toy Story 2 8.5 (B+)9. Fiding Nemo 8.0 (B/B+) 10. Cars 7.5 (B)11. Bug's Life 7.0 (B)12. Toy Story 5.5 (B-)13. Cars 2 4.0 ©

Edited by Goffe Rises

Scene after the credits:

The witch's bird delivers all of the wooden stuff from her shop on a cart. It's like 15 feet high. And the guard at the front gate is like, "Uh." That's it

:P

that was very fun, I waited for it till the end.

It's an interesting piece but what's the point of it? I remember the day when you were concerned this was going to turn out to be a feminist type movie but now you are embracing or pointing to a piece that complains how unfair females have it.The movie has been out there long enough to have either gained momentum or not. You can't browbeat people into thinking something that isn't there. This will win the animated crown this summer on the back of the Pixar name but IMO the brand has taken a bit of hit with Cars2 and this (to a lesser extent). I know some wont like what I said but the truth hurts sometimes.

Edited by iEye

What I was afraid of was a faux feminism where Merida is just a "strong female character" because she can shoot an arrow. Real feminism is when the females are actual human beings, not shallow "tough" characters that the men are all supposed to envy. The movie happily went a lot deeper than that.Anyway, I doubt this piece is going to somehow make every critic who hated the movie change their mind about it. But if at least one person reads it and does, then it's done its job. I've already seen quite a few tweets with that sentiment.Honestly, I would love to see someone try to come up with a defense as thoughtful and intelligent as this for Cars 2.

Edited by tribefan695