Taylor

Weekend estimates pg 30 Brave 66.7

Why are people predicting under 70mil for Brave? 24.5 Friday probably means at least 26-28 Sat and 21-22 Sun.

It is late June, it will not increase that much on Saturday.Edit: I think 70mil is possible, but if it hits it, it barely does so. Edited by TheLombax

It is late June, it will not increase that much on Saturday.

Kids movies still increase by one or two million in the middle of summer. It would have to drop on Sat to make under 70mil for the weekend, and I don't see that happening.

Kids movies still increase by one or two million in the middle of summer. It would have to drop on Sat to make under 70mil for the weekend, and I don't see that happening.

No, not all of them do. WallE went down by 4% and of course Cars 2 and TS3 (9%) did as well.

Both Ratatouille and Wall-E didn't change too much on Saturday from Friday and were released in late June. If Brave preforms like Ratatouille it will barely make it over 70m. The things Brave has going for it though is a slightly earlier release than both movies and what I would imagine as a slightly more "kid-friendly" idea.

No, not all of them do. WallE went down by 4% and of course Cars 2 and TS3 (9%) did as well.

I don't remember that but I'll take your word for it. Strange. I might be thinking of those that were released in May.

Brave-24.5m 24.4m (Notfabio says there's a slight uptick from yesterday's matinees but I don't think evening shows will be as strong) 19.8m (-18.9%) 68.7m weekend Abe- 6.25m 5.2m (-16.8%) (Notfabio says today is down from midnight-less Friday, should be a hefty drop overall) 3.95m (-24%) 15.4m weekend. I was anticipating a 10m bomb about a month ago. This is better but still pretty yucky.

Brave is one week earlier than Rat. And at most, it will increase 2-3%, but with a monster opening day, it should drop by 2-3%. Summer films don't always have increases on Saturday.

I don't remember that but I'll take your word for it. Strange. I might be thinking of those that were released in May.

Yes, exactly.

I honestly think Brave is going to see a decent bump today (like 15-20) more in line with what Up and Nemo did. WallE never resonated with family audiences in the way that those films did. But I admit that it could be more in line with Rat and WallE. Just think this has more of a family audience while those played more to the older animation fans.EDIT: And now I have to recind that because you are all right, the movement towards June makes it less likely to happen. Still, it should manage to get to 70+.

Edited by TylerDurden365

I honestly think Brave is going to see a decent bump today (like 15-20) more in line with what Up and Nemo did. WallE never resonated with family audiences in the way that those films did. But I admit that it could be more in line with Rat and WallE. Just think this has more of a family audience while those played more to the older animation fans.

There is 0 chance a film opening this late in June is going to have a 15% bump on Saturday.

Brave is one week earlier than Rat. And at most, it will increase 2-3%, but with a monster opening day, it should drop by 2-3%. Summer films don't always have increases on Saturday.

I'm not sure Brave has sold that many more tickets than Ratatouille though. It's certainly not a "monster OD"

• Founder / Operator
In Brave's defense, two of those were sequels and Wall-E had a huge fanboy interest driving its opening day. I could see Brave holding a little better than them today -- but I definitely agree with the point you're getting at. That Friday was a big number.
  • Like 2

In Brave's defense, two of those were sequels and Wall-E had a huge fanboy interest driving its opening day. I could see Brave holding a little better than them today -- but I definitely agree with the point you're getting at. That Friday was a big number.

Definitely agree that the sequels play a huge part in the decline, but except for RAT, no Pixar film has increased on it's first Saturday that has opened this late in June. WallE is the barometer for BRAVE imo.

My gut is saying that Brave will stay flat today. The WOM is a lot better than the critic ratings from what I can tell. And I think this is more family friendly than Wall-E. Also, it's not a sequel.That said, it's the middle of summer so anything can happen.