Alien Resurrection

14 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I hated this movie. I can't offer any constructive comment because I saw it 15 years ago and haven't watched it since.

Same. I haven't seen this movie in a long, LONG time... its been atleast 10 years. I just remember this movie completely shitting on the integrity of the franchise. The whole film just felt like a cheesy direct-to-scifi-channel movie. Pretty much all the characters are cartoony as hell/cardboard cut outs with lame as shit over the top dialogue. The story was just utterly lame that made 0 sense. And I remember some giant white booger thing showing up at the end. Was this what the Aliens were gonna be from now on? rofl. And apparently having a chestburster in you gives you superhuman strength that allows you to shrug off like 10 bullets. But it gets better, the dude with the chestburster heroicly uses his slimey new friend as a weapon to kill a bad guy by holding the dude's head against his chest. The whole move was just one big WTF. There is no merit behind it at all.

Not even Alien 3 had these problems. Alien 3's problems were structural with some "what if?" and "they should've done this"

I'm actually kind of shocked Sygourney Weaver signed on for this. If she had any respect for herself or Alien, she would've said no. The only thing I can think of is they offered her a shitload of money.

Posted Image

I'd probably even take the AVP films over this one.

0/10

Edited by Shpongle
  • Like 1

Visually stunning - the cinematography and art direction is amazing. But tonally TERRIBLE. It all amounts to a big pile of nothing. Such a squandered opportunity.

My absolute favourite WTF moment:

Alien-Resurrection-2-DD-2-23-2011-e12985

'We saved the earth' (and started a mini nuclear holocaust somewhere)

Alien 3 was bad because it was simply a worse rehash of the same basic plot with less likeable characters and less action and tension.  This movie was like a corny, cartoonish reboot that essentially spit on the memory of the first two movies.  My lasting impression of this film can be summed up like this, "What was the point of that???".

D